PDA

View Full Version : NC beginner

Rocky Lanier
03-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Hello my name is Rocky, I live in Raleigh (county) and have been interested in apprenticeship for a few years but I felt I did not have adequet space, my wife and I bought a house and it has 2 barns with electricity. any info, books to buy etc would be greatly appreciated, would also like to meet someone that I could learn from. Thank you

Bodarc
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Hello my name is Rocky, I live in Raleigh (county) and have been interested in apprenticeship for a few years but I felt I did not have adequet space, my wife and I bought a house and it has 2 barns with electricity. any info, books to buy etc would be greatly appreciated, would also like to meet someone that I could learn from. Thank you

(welc) Rocky

Try this Thread:
http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2007&highlight=apprentice

Also try this website for some helpful reading:

http://www.themodernapprentice.com/

everetkhorton
03-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Rocky
(welc) Sounds like you are off to a good start.

FredFogg
03-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Hey Rocky, Here are a couple links that will help you get on your way. The first is of the North Carolina Falconers Guild website. It has most the information you will need to pursue this great passion. The second is a link that describes a workshop the NCFG is having in April, where you will be able to meet some of our members and other folks interested in becoming an apprentice and learn a great deal about what it takes to be a falconer in NC. You will also be able to chat with our president and find out some of the folks from over your way.

http://www.ncfalconersguild.org/

http://www.ncfalconersguild.org/workshop_2008.htm

Good luck and let me know if there is any thing else I can help you with!

jfneumann57
03-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi Rocky I'm in Burlington and will be at the apprentice workshop.

Rocky Lanier
03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks everyone, my wife and I will definately be there in April,( it will be my b-day gift). Im going to check out those sites right now.

Chris L.
03-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Rocky,
Welcome to NAFEX. Dont hesitate to ask any questions. The Nc work shop will be a great start for sure. They are great guys up there.

I live in South Carolina and am up in NC a lot. I am heading that way tomorrow to do a demonstration at a local college with a friend named Chip Gentry. He lives in Lillington. Not sure how far that is from you but you are more than welcome to come watch.

good luck and welcome

Rocky Lanier
03-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Chris I really appreciate it but I missed church last Sunday and if I skip again my wife would kill me, if you come this way again I would definetly meet up as I am trying to learn as much as I can, Ive wanted to begin this for a couple years now. I just got a book list so Im of to amazon to start collecting

Rocky Lanier
05-15-2008, 11:25 PM
well Ive taken my test and gotten a sponsor, just wanted to post my progress

jballone
05-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Looks like things are really moving along for you...congrats! clapp

NCFalconer
05-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Rocky,

Congrats on passing the test!! With that done and the Apprentice Workshop completed, you're off to a great start.

Who's your sponsor going to be?

Chris L.
05-16-2008, 06:41 AM
well Ive taken my test and gotten a sponsor, just wanted to post my progress

Congrats!!! clapp.. thanks for the update. I look forward to see your progress... Keep us posted

Rocky Lanier
05-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks, Im very excited, Mr. Davis is my sponsor I feel very lucky to work with him and that he lives so close to meamennn

jfneumann57
05-16-2008, 10:03 AM
So Bill is your sponsor?

pjdonat
05-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Congrats Rocky on passing the test. This site will be all the help you could ever ask for.

paganlove22
05-17-2008, 12:17 PM
clapp Congrats.

KidK
05-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Way to go Rocky!

It is a long process but it sounds like you have been doing very well with it.

Congrats on passing the test and getting sponsored. Looking forward to reading about your first bird this fall!

Best,

Rocky Lanier
05-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks guys, Yeah Bill and James just left my house, they came over this morning and we built my mews, I tell you I couldnt ask to be associated with two finer people.

NCFalconer
05-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Rocky,

You are indeed privileged to have Bill Davis for a sponsor!