PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Idaho

JammanX
03-18-2008, 03:02 AM
My Name is Jamie M. I am originally from San Diego, CA. I moved here to work with my family and in the process I met Stephen (IDBirdman). I was unaware of Falconry and was enlightened by Stephen to the wonderful world of it. I have always respected and loved Raptors thinking that were one of Gods finest creations . Had I realized Falconry existed sooner I would have journeyed into it long ago. However I think it is better that I didnt. San Diego isnt the appropriate place for an apprentice falconer in my opinion. After learning about Falconry from Stephen, I first thought I wanted to start immediately. However upon reading through the forums, I have decided that due to my current work situation (Opening 3 restaurants). I cant dedicate the time I would like to, to properly care for a bird of prey. In the mean time I will read the forums, research Falconry and meet with as many Falconers as I can to best prepare myself for my first bird. I originally thought of starting with a AK. However upon more research I feel that a RT is more suited to me. So I look forward to communicating with everyone and hopefully meeting some of you.

Bodarc
03-18-2008, 04:57 AM
(welc) Jamie

Isn't it a shame we weren't born rich instead of so good looking? :eek:

I know what you mean about trying to juggle work and fun. Sometimes it's hard, but I'll bet that if you hang around here long enough and go on a few hunts with Stephen and others, you'll have a bird as soon as you can get those restaurants leveled out a bit.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the forum and wish you a lot of success with your restaurant endeavors.

everetkhorton
03-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Jamie:
(welc) Sounds like you have a good head on you shoulders. Have fun!

idbirdman
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey Buddy, I am excited to thing that there will be another falconer here in this area that I might get to go hunting with. Let me know how it goes. You are always welcom. Stephen

Chris L.
04-02-2008, 08:55 AM
(welc)... Glad to have you on NAFEX. We are a laid back bunch who just enjoy talking falconry. Please dont hesitate to post. If you have any questions let us know

Welcome to NAFEX falconry forum and to falconry