View Full Version : Hello from WA state

alfheim
07-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Hey there -
I am just getting started in falconry and live in WA state about half way between Portland and Seattle. While I have been fascinated by falconry and the study of raptors since my youth, I have just finally started taking the steps to become an apprentice. I have found a sponsor and am in the midst of getting my paperwork submitted to the state so that I can schedule my exam.

I would love to connect with other falconers in the area. I am planning on attending the WFA picnic this Saturday, so hopefully I can make some connections there.

Avery

goshawkr
07-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Hey there -
I am just getting started in falconry and live in WA state about half way between Portland and Seattle. While I have been fascinated by falconry and the study of raptors since my youth, I have just finally started taking the steps to become an apprentice. I have found a sponsor and am in the midst of getting my paperwork submitted to the state so that I can schedule my exam.

I would love to connect with other falconers in the area. I am planning on attending the WFA picnic this Saturday, so hopefully I can make some connections there.

Avery

Hi Avery.

The Washington falconers are in general a friendly bunch, although we do of course have the token jerk. ;)

Love to meet you Saturday - but I will be showing up late.

alfheim
07-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Geoff -
I plan to be there all day, so will look for you later in the day...

Nice to know it is a friendly group since I will be showing up knowing only one person...as for the token jerk, every group, no matter how nice, has one :)

Avery

bdyelm
07-26-2014, 05:11 AM
Hey, so did you make it out to the picnic? Any update?

alfheim
07-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Yes, made it out to the picnic and connected with some nice folks. Sent in my application and am waiting to hear from the state to take my exam...Got some contact info from a few people to be able to hopefully tag along hunting some this year...would love the opportunity to join anyone who would have me, especially anyone who is hunting at all in the Western part of the state...

Breeze
07-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Sounds like you're off and running, Avery! Enjoy! It's quite a ride!

Cy.MacGregor
07-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi Avery! I'm real bad at getting on the internet so I never got back to you on the other thread, I'm sorry. I don't know if we talked at the picnic or not, I was at the Northwoods table (I have the dreads and piercings). I met a whole bunch of people but most didn't give me names. I'm not far away from you, I live in the Yelm-Rainier area. You said you're in Chehalis, right? Shoot me a PM! There are a whole bunch of us apprentices down south of Oly, might be fun to hit the field together some time.