View Full Version : New member from Fort Worth, TX

WarEagle
07-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Hi everyone. I am newly introduced to falconry and have been directed here to connect and learn as much as I can. My first plan of action is to order North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks and I cant wait to get my hands on it. In the meantime I am scouring the internet, and this forum in particular, for anything I can read. I understand that the Texas Hawking Association is a good place to start for my area. I am excited because I have always been fascinated by birds of prey but was unaware that the falconry community was so prevalent and well-organized. Though I am only beginning what I hope to be a life-long journey, I am so appreciative and excited about the wealth of knowledge available and the opportunity to learn from skilled people who are passionate about the same things I am. I am fairly new to the DFW area so I am not familiar with many locations but I am eager to explore. I have read that DFW has the highest concentration of falconers in Texas which was welcome information. I look forward to learning from you on this board and perhaps meeting some of you in the future.

Paul Ward
07-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Welcome Matt. You've come to a pretty good place to learn!
My dad (also a falconer) lives in Tyler, Tx. Not sure how close you are to Tyler, but if you'd like to have somebody in your area to talk to, I'm sure he'd be willing to meet up with you.
PM me if you're interested.

WarEagle
07-27-2014, 01:01 AM
Thanks Paul. Tyler is about 2 hours East of me. I was at Tyler State Park a few weeks back. I would be interested in speaking with your dad in the future, possibly after I get my book in the mail so I am equipped with a little more knowledge. I wouldnt want to waste his time. I will remember to PM you when I think I am ready and see if he is interested. Nice to meet you, thanks for replying!

Red-tail71
07-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Welcome Matt, enjoy the Journey man! I HOPE you get hooked up with some dedicated hard hunting Falconers. I am sure there are many in your area. Take care and have fun.

thunderheartiii
07-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Hello and (welc) to NAFEX.

AxelFortWorth
07-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Good to have you on board. Where in Fort Worth do you live? Give me a call sometime. I work in west Fort Worth and live in Azle. Did you get my PM?

Breeze
07-27-2014, 10:42 AM
(welc) Matt! I'm located in the Piney Woods of East Texas, about 5 1/2 hours from Fort Worth. You are in what can be awesome rabbit country up there! Enjoy!