PDA

View Full Version : hawking around The Plains, Va.

Barbara
03-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi,I'm a 6th yr. falconer flying a tiercel Gyr/saker on duck(very few) pidgeons(hes gotten a couple of good fast homers) and hopefully he'll be entered on Crow soon. I'm about to have an Anatum Per. join our mew this week. She has been flown this year in Okla., so I'm wondering how she will adapt to us here. She is a first yr. bird as is my tiercel. I would like to here from other Gyr/ saker flyers as I've been a bit discouraged in getting my bird to elevate regularly.... he loves to cruise low and ck. stuff out and then he'll go up but only so far... I look forward to being involved in the forum. Thanks.B.

Chris L.
03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Barbara,
Glad to see you got on (welc). Let me know if you need any other help.

I look forward to hearing about your long wings. Please keep us posted and I hope you enjoy the forums

again Welcome

everetkhorton
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
(welc)Barbara!

Falcon Boy
03-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the boards. I just finished my season with my first year male gyr/saker, feel free to check out his log in the imprint board, his thread is "goose, imprint male gyr/saker"

***EDIT***

Here's a link to the log, it goes to the page with our last hunt of the season
http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?p=33485#post33485

Can you post a picture of your bird?

sharptail
03-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi Barbara, Welcome to the site! From what information you have given so far I can't get a feel for what you are trying to do. Part of the problem is I have no idea what your ground looks like(how much open space). Usually one can teach a falcon to wait on using pigeons but good pigeons and a good strategy are needed. That is assuming you are wanting to teach your bird to wait on. Flights at crows are not a waiting on style of flight as you may already know.

Shungar
03-27-2008, 08:38 PM
(welc) to NAFEX....