PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NAFA meet

Jimmy
04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Anyone know when they're gonna announce the meet hotel, and other details? Seems they normally share that info sooner than this....

chris kimble
04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
It should be announced within this month, if nothing else we should see it in the next HC.

Eagle Owl
04-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Jimmy,

They announce it May 1!

Chris L.
04-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Need to know how much time I have to take off for the trip. Does anyone know how long the drive is going to be?

Tell me what everyones plans are so I can start to put in for my time off

Never been to a NAFA so i just need some insight on what will take place

Jimmy
04-05-2008, 04:34 PM
We'll likely leave on Friday morning, get there Saturday night or early Sunday. Then come home the following Saturday and get home Sunday night or early Monday.

Falcon Boy
04-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Goose, myself, and a few other CO falconers should get there friday or saturday before depending on my school schedule and my friends school and work schedules.

Chris L.
04-05-2008, 05:51 PM
ok so I will need around 7-10 days off then. What about hunting areas? We will have to find our own or will they provide a few spots?

Jimmy
04-05-2008, 05:54 PM
You'll be finding your own, most likely......

Chris L.
04-05-2008, 05:59 PM
You'll be finding your own, most likely......

yeah figured that, many have been telling me its "fend for yourself".. look like I am going to have to pack a few extra thank you gifts!!!

Falcon Boy
04-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Last year they had a list and map with a bunch of permission areas. Finding your own is what we did though, and we had no shortage of rabbits. I didn't meet any landowners who denied us permission, and everyone i met in/around town knew that falconers were coming.

wesleyc6
04-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Need to know how much time I have to take off for the trip. Does anyone know how long the drive is going to be?

Tell me what everyones plans are so I can start to put in for my time off

Never been to a NAFA so i just need some insight on what will take place

Around 22 hours or so................from GA.

everetkhorton
04-05-2008, 10:05 PM
yeah figured that, many have been telling me its "fend for yourself".. look like I am going to have to pack a few extra thank you gifts!!!

The THA is getting as much land as they can for the people. One thing you do not do in TX is trespass, they do not play, you will go to jail. It is fun to get there Sunday, things are starting to happen by then. It is a lot easier if you pre register, You save some money and every thing will be ready for you when you arrive at the registration area.

Eagle Owl
04-06-2008, 12:16 AM
We have been scouting land for months!! We will have a bunch acquired, but many will also go off and find their own land to hunt on. People are generally pretty nice about letting you hunt their property. It helps to show the birds when asking, too...and invite the owner out to watch!

Things are gearing up!!!!

Chris L.
04-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Ev and Brandi,
great posts. i am looking forward to it. Please keep us posted on information as it comes along if you dont mind.

I cant wait

Eagle Owl
04-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Will do Chris!

And I want to remind everyone to PRE-REGISTER!!!!! It will make is soooooo much easier when you arrive in Amarillo! (And easier on me, too!!!!!!!;))

kimmerar
04-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Will do Chris!

And I want to remind everyone to PRE-REGISTER!!!!! It will make is soooooo much easier when you arrive in Amarillo! (And easier on me, too!!!!!!!;))

So anthing to make your life easier, and a funner NAFA meet. How do we pre register? Through NAFA? This is my first NAFA meet also. I hope to meet a few of the forum members while I'm there.

primos
04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
i was at the 2001 amarillo meet...for any pa guys going it's a 26hr drive if you don't take the scenic trapping route through kansas, which i'd definitely advise if you want to trap a praire, rt, fergie...etc...

amarillo has no shortage of bunnies or blacktails...i don't think it matters too much where you go as long as you ask for permission...although, keep in mind those texas boys are serious about trespassing...i know that first hand as one of my buddies rt's took off into a neighboring fenced in factory area and i swear no sooner did we set foot on their ground did 2 squard cars show up....we called the bird back, but at that point when we were showing the locals the rt, i think they were more afraid of the bird than we were of going to jail...

Eagle Owl
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
So anthing to make your life easier, and a funner NAFA meet. How do we pre register? Through NAFA? This is my first NAFA meet also. I hope to meet a few of the forum members while I'm there.

Hi Kim,

All the details will be released May 1st. The hotel info, pre registration info, etc. And I would book your hotel ASAP. Every year they fill the meet hotel and people have to stay in other nearby hotels. It is definitely worth staying in the meet hotel! We usually stay up until the wee hours of the morning and it is a pain to have to drive back to your hotel! Especially when you have had too much to drink! :D

And you will get to meet all the forum members. Inevitable you will run into them all at one point. But to make sure, we need to have a meet and greet one evening. Maybe Monday night meet in the atrium at like 6pm. Just an idea.

Ken S.
04-07-2008, 10:34 PM
That's a great idea! Count me in...

Chris L.
04-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi Kim,

And you will get to meet all the forum members. Inevitable you will run into them all at one point. But to make sure, we need to have a meet and greet one evening. Maybe Monday night meet in the atrium at like 6pm. Just an idea.

I agree, lets do that for sure. It would be nice to have a few cold ones with all you guys. Really neat to have a face with the name / attitude toungeout

I cant wait

Jimmy
04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
I'll be in the bar with Gaz and the Bristol boys..........

Falcon Boy
04-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I'll be the short kid [5'6] who is only at the hotel before sunup and after dark toungeout

wesleyc6
04-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Chris L. will be the one there with a wirehaired vizsla. toungeout Let's just say I have seen his mind in actionfrus

Eagle Owl
04-08-2008, 01:14 AM
I'll be in the bar with Gaz and the Bristol boys..........

Jimmy, this past year we spent our evenings in the atruim...the bar was too small:D We supposedly have an atrium again this year. I don't think Gaz, Adrian, or I went to bed before 3am while in Colorado!!! beeer

Chris L.
04-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Chris L. will be the one there with a wirehaired vizsla. toungeout Let's just say I have seen his mind in actionfrus

LOL, Wes, you know me too well my friend box2

kimmerar
04-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks Brandi!! I can't wait to see the info. Count me in for meeting everyone. Our daughter is going to be with us - she's 10. I've heard they set stuff up for kids while we hunt. Is that true Brandi?

If anyone is bring a sharpie I would love to go hunting with ya. Yes - I'm inviting myself because because that's the lost person that I amtoungeout!!! Isn't there someone in Texas flying a sharpie named Boo?

Lee Slikkers
04-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I plan on attending as well...it will be great to finally meet all the folks we chat with on a daily basis...

Chris L.
04-08-2008, 09:43 AM
I plan on attending as well...it will be great to finally meet all the folks we chat with on a daily basis...
rockon.. oh man its going to be a good time for sure. I am looking forward to this

Chris L.
04-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Brandi,
If i were to bring a RV ( motor home) is there places to hook up to, or would you recommend staying in the hotel?

FredFogg
04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks Brandi!! I can't wait to see the info. Count me in for meeting everyone. Our daughter is going to be with us - she's 10. I've heard they set stuff up for kids while we hunt. Is that true Brandi?

If anyone is bring a sharpie I would love to go hunting with ya. Yes - I'm inviting myself because because that's the lost person that I amtoungeout!!! Isn't there someone in Texas flying a sharpie named Boo?

Kim, Boo died due to WNV(I think), but the guy has a coops that he will probably be bringing. My coops will most likely be put up for the molt by then, unless I can hook up with someone that has a dog that will point quail. I would love to see how she would do on quail off the fist, but it is a mute point without a dog. I will also have a red-tail with me. I have several other friends that will be there with Harris Hawks and red-tails, I may have a sharpie if I can find one to pull this spring.

GyrXPeals
04-08-2008, 10:29 AM

Kim if things go as planned I'll be pulling a sharpie this summer, your welcome to go along for a hunt. If not I know of a couple of other people who will be flying them, so you should get a ride along.
Krys did an awesome job with Boo, too bad she's gone, that would have been the bird to watch.
Jeff

Jimmy
04-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Brandi,
If i were to bring a RV ( motor home) is there places to hook up to, or would you recommend staying in the hotel?

How are you gonna get to the hunting spots? In the RV? Rental car?

Saluqi
04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Brandi,

Chris,

There's an RV park right next to old meet hotel on the east side of town, there may be others too. I know this one you could walk out the door and catch a rabbit.

Ken S.
04-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Kim, Boo died due to WNV(I think), but the guy has a coops that he will probably be bringing. My coops will most likely be put up for the molt by then, unless I can hook up with someone that has a dog that will point quail. I would love to see how she would do on quail off the fist, but it is a mute point without a dog. I will also have a red-tail with me. I have several other friends that will be there with Harris Hawks and red-tails, I may have a sharpie if I can find one to pull this spring.

Hey Fred... bring your coops... I'm bringing my GSP and she will point quail. I'm hoping to catch a quail with my HH out there over a point if I can find some.

Chris - if you go w/ the RV I'm sure you can catch a ride w/ some people to hunting spots but with the extra price of fuel to drive an RV out there from SC it might actually be cheaper to drive a car out from SC and just get a hotel room. Figure 1400 miles each way plus a couple hundred miles hunting during the week... so 3000 miles total. At 10mpg for the RV you will spent almost $1,000 in gas... so for a car with 20mpg you will save about $500. You can buy a lot of beer for $500. :)

Saluqi
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Hey Fred,

You don't need a dog to hunt quail, they help sometimes, but I've caught plenty of quail with no assistance from a canine. Most of the time you spot a covey, either while hunting, or while driving the back roads searching for quail, and you just go in for the flush. The hawk rarely catches them on the initial flush, so the hawk will put a quail into a bush and you run like a madman and pick up your bird, and make the reflush. Hopefully, the quail won't have gone into a packrat den near a cholla, otherwise you'll have to dig it out. An old hoe with the blade broke off, with just the hook end left, makes a great tool for dismantling pack rat dens. Or the quail might just land in the cholla itself, it will dance around in plain sight of you and the hawk but refuse to fly. If that happens then some gloves come in handy for reaching around trying to get the little bugger to fly. Don't forget a pair of hemostats for picking the thorns out of your hands and your birds feet. Quail hawking is some of very best sport I've had with my tiercel gos, very addicting.

FredFogg
04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Fred... bring your coops... I'm bringing my GSP and she will point quail. I'm hoping to catch a quail with my HH out there over a point if I can find some.

Hey Fred,

You don't need a dog to hunt quail, they help sometimes, but I've caught plenty of quail with no assistance from a canine. Most of the time you spot a covey, either while hunting, or while driving the back roads searching for quail, and you just go in for the flush. The hawk rarely catches them on the initial flush, so the hawk will put a quail into a bush and you run like a madman and pick up your bird, and make the reflush. Hopefully, the quail won't have gone into a packrat den near a cholla, otherwise you'll have to dig it out. An old hoe with the blade broke off, with just the hook end left, makes a great tool for dismantling pack rat dens. Or the quail might just land in the cholla itself, it will dance around in plain sight of you and the hawk but refuse to fly. If that happens then some gloves come in handy for reaching around trying to get the little bugger to fly. Don't forget a pair of hemostats for picking the thorns out of your hands and your birds feet. Quail hawking is some of very best sport I've had with my tiercel gos, very addicting.

Well, I just might be bringing her then. But if I do, I will have to not start her molt this summer and then that will mess me up for next spring. So I will have to make a decision on that.

kimmerar
04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Kim if things go as planned I'll be pulling a sharpie this summer, your welcome to go along for a hunt. If not I know of a couple of other people who will be flying them, so you should get a ride along.
Krys did an awesome job with Boo, too bad she's gone, that would have been the bird to watch.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff - I will definately take you up on that offer - put me on the list. Sounds like what I'm wanting to see. Are you going to keep an imprint log on here? At least a hunting log once you get the bird going. You're ak stories are great. Got your leashes in yesterday - they are the best I've seen - haven't got to play with the loop one yet. I'll pm. My husband wants one too.

Fred - yes - I would love to tag along for a coops. No one is flying an accipiter around here so it's something I've been wanting to watch. You can start the molt the first week of Dec. She would be done by spring don't ya think.

Thanks for the invite you two - a sharpie and coops in one week will be memorable. Hopefully I'll have a kbird grabbing birds way up in the air by then - boy this is going to be a long summer.

That's a bummer about Boo - I started reading the log but only got to about page 6 and got aggravated by the conflicts - so I said I was going to go back and didn't. Tell Krys - I've never met him - I'm sorry and he did a fine job from what I hear. What about vaccinating these little birds for WN - has anyone had the nerve to try that? Maybe that should be another thread??

Take care

GyrXPeals
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks Jeff - I will definately take you up on that offer - put me on the list. Sounds like what I'm wanting to see. Are you going to keep an imprint log on here? At least a hunting log once you get the bird going. You're ak stories are great. Got your leashes in yesterday - they are the best I've seen - haven't got to play with the loop one yet. I'll pm. My husband wants one too. (Quote)

Hehe, I've got to get the bird first Kim , there's never a guarantee when you're pulling an eyass out of state. If I get one I'll sure do a hunting log. I'd be happy to take you for a hunt at NAFA, my daughter will be there with her Kestrel VP. We'll just have to see how many starlings we can kill. Get that K-bird going there's plenty of starlings in Amarillo. I'll be bringing the hybrid along too for a little duck hawking, it should be fun.
Glad you liked the leashes.
Best Regards,
Jeff

kimmerar
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
I know Jeff. I'm being optimistic :D ! I wish you luck. Even if ya don't get one I would definately like to meet up with you and your daughter for some hunting. I'll keep my ears open for you.

GyrXPeals
04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I know Jeff. I'm being optimistic :D ! I wish you luck. Even if ya don't get one I would definately like to meet up with you and your daughter for some hunting. I'll keep my ears open for you.

Thanks Kim, we're looking forward to it.
Jeff

Eagle Owl
04-09-2008, 12:46 AM

Hi Kim. There are family outings planned each day, but it is not a baby-sitting service. I don't know if they have ever allowed a child to go on the outings unsupervised. I really doubt it...too much of a liability. It is designed for the non-falconers in the family to have something to do while the falconers are out hawking. But I am sure you can find some other families there that would be happy to let your daughter tag along with them.

As has already been said, Boo died, but not from WNV...from frounce. Krys will be bringing his Coops, but for some weird reason, she refuses to hunt when out of town. Guess she figures she is on vacation and deserves to rest! confusedd I know a falconer in Minnesota that is planning on pulling a sharpie next season. Hopefully there will be one or two there that you can go out with!

Brandi,
Chris, since I have not seen the actual hotel, I am not sure if they will have hook-ups or not. I know in Nebraska and Colorado that several brought their RVs and parked them in the parking lots. If you really want to bring your RV, I can ask Sheldon if there are places for you to hook-up.

That's a bummer about Boo - I started reading the log but only got to about page 6 and got aggravated by the conflicts - so I said I was going to go back and didn't. Tell Krys - I've never met him - I'm sorry and he did a fine job from what I hear. What about vaccinating these little birds for WN - has anyone had the nerve to try that? Maybe that should be another thread??

Kim, most all of the falconers here in north Texas vaccinate their birds. We had a couple of falconers that did not vaccinate their birds right away at the beginning of this season and ended up getting WNV, but luckily they pulled through. I feel it is better to be safe than sorry.

Chris L.
04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Chris,

There's an RV park right next to old meet hotel on the east side of town, there may be others too. I know this one you could walk out the door and catch a rabbit.

Paul,
That would be a good time for sure. I would like to walk out and slam a rabbit before breakfast.

Chris - if you go w/ the RV I'm sure you can catch a ride w/ some people to hunting spots but with the extra price of fuel to drive an RV out there from SC it might actually be cheaper to drive a car out from SC and just get a hotel room. Figure 1400 miles each way plus a couple hundred miles hunting during the week... so 3000 miles total. At 10mpg for the RV you will spent almost $1,000 in gas... so for a car with 20mpg you will save about $500. You can buy a lot of beer for $500. :)

Ken,
yeah, gas is going to be the limiting factor for sure. Diesel is out of control right now and if it doesn't drop there will be no way I will take the Rv out there. I really like the comforts of the Rv, I can have my dogs and do what I want. I get kind of cramped up in a hotel room, even if its jsut to sleep there, especially with all my gear and birds. But, bottom line is going to be what is cheapest.

Takasho
04-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Kim. There are family outings planned each day... It is designed for the non-falconers in the family to have something to do while the falconers are out hawking.

Any more info on the types of activites planned? I'm trying to get my wife to let me go but she doesn't think being in Amarillo surrounded by falconers is the way to have a good time...Go figure. crazyy

Chances are slim to none I'll be able to pull it off but any little thing helps...:D

GyrXPeals
04-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Any more info on the types of activites planned? I'm trying to get my wife to let me go but she doesn't think being in Amarillo surrounded by falconers is the way to have a good time...Go figure. crazyy

Chances are slim to none I'll be able to pull it off but any little thing helps...:D

Isaac just have Tori and Eli hang out with Kim. She's not a falconer but loves the meets, room service or good restaurants, no pressure to do anything she doesn't want to do, and according to her the nicest bunch of people she's ever been around.
Have Tori call Kim it might help brother,
Jeff

Eagle Owl
04-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Isaac,

I don't think all the plans are finalized yet. But each day there will be some sort of field trip, etc. Amarillo is a big town with lots to do. Tell her to come on...there will be plenty of other wives there that she can hang out with!!!

everetkhorton
04-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Any more info on the types of activities planned? I'm trying to get my wife to let me go but she doesn't think being in Amarillo surrounded by falconers is the way to have a good time...Go figure. crazyy

Isaac:
Most if not all the meets I have been to have activity for the family and wives. There are a lot of other ladies there. Not having to cook,clean, do dishes and having a pool available is nice. If you plan on having a good time you will, if not you won't. You will be making memory's for your kids to remember.

FredFogg
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM

Isaac, just tell her if she comes, she will get to meet Fred Fogg, geez, that should peak her curiosity enough to make he want to go! LOL I mean, look how many folks pay to see the freaks at the circus! I am just one tent over! :D

everetkhorton
04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Isaac, just tell her if she comes, she will get to meet Fred Fogg, geez, that should peak her curiosity enough to make he want to go! LOL I mean, look how many folks pay to see the freaks at the circus! I am just one tent over! :D

Isaac:
Don't let her look at this site, she will run the other way!toungeout

Takasho
04-10-2008, 10:59 AM
How could she refuse going to meet so many characters!

Now she's saying she'd rather go on a "real" vacation to somewhere in South America!

Texas: South? Check. America? Check. I don't know what her problem is!

Chris L.
04-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Isaac:
Don't let her look at this site, she will run the other way!toungeout

Ev, I agree... bunch of wackos on here

Eagle Owl
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
How could she refuse going to meet so many characters!

Now she's saying she'd rather go on a "real" vacation to somewhere in South America!

Texas: South? Check. America? Check. I don't know what her problem is!

confusedd Sounds logical to me! :D

everetkhorton
04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Isaac:
OK, let her on the site and let her ask the question? She can PM me if she would like. My wife will fill her in. We are older and not BS her.

Jimmy
04-11-2008, 04:52 AM
We are older and not BS her.

Who are you trying to kid, Ev? Everyone knows the older you are, the more BS is in you.

Takasho
04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Isaac:
OK, let her on the site and let her ask the question? She can PM me if she would like. My wife will fill her in. We are older and not BS her.

I appreciate the offer Ev (Jeff too), but I don't think she has any "questions" about the meet, it's just the fact that she doesn't like falconry and doesn't want to go. :(

We lived in Hawaii when we met and she had no idea what falconry was. It was somewhat of a rude awakening for her when we moved to a place where I could be involved in the sport again! She's just one of those people that doesn't understand the sport and doesn't know why anyone would want to give up a perfectly fine Thanksgiving vacation to watch birds chase rabbits in some Texas town with a bunch of people who I only know from the internet. dohh

I managed to make it to this past NAFA meet because it was here in CO only a few hours away. Unfortunately I could only stay two days and that's hardly enough time to meet everyone and see all the birds fly I wanted to so I've been trying to convince her since the last one that I really need to go to this one...she's not buying it. But I think an essential quality in a falconer is stubborness and I'll keep trying to wear her down!

I just have a hard time convincing her that she'll have a good time while I'm out hawking all day, hence the questions about the family activites that are planned...any more info in that area would be great. helpp :D

everetkhorton
04-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Who are you trying to kid, Ev? Everyone knows the older you are, the more BS is in you.

Jimmy:
You must be older than dirt then Jimmytoungeout <G>

everetkhorton
04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Isaac:
I do not think you can find a tighter group of people than falconers. Short story. Not sure of of all the detail. Some guy on the way to the Meet in Alamosa broke down in Pueblo. Met up with a local falconer, this guy got him to the meet in Alamosa and arranged to have his car fix. Someone at the meet was going though Pueblo and got him back to his car. We all know all the junk we all carry. Two people that did not know this guy give him a hand. The only stranger at a NAFA meet are the people that haven't met yet. If you have a problem at a NAFA meet,and you say nothing to get help. You have made it your problem. I need a jump for may SUV. It only took a short time to get a jump. Take this to the bank, the THA will do everything in there power to make your stay enjoyable.

Eagle Owl
04-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Isaac,

As soon as I get any info on the family activities that are planned, you will be the first person I contact!

Chris L.
04-12-2008, 06:11 AM
She's just one of those people that doesn't understand the sport and doesn't know why anyone would want to give up a perfectly fine Thanksgiving vacation to watch birds chase rabbits in some Texas town with a bunch of people who I only know from the internet. dohh

and dont forget the beeer

Eagle Owl
04-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Lots and lots of beeer

And when you go to buy beer for the trip, buy at least double what you think you will need. That should last the first 2 or 3 days and then you can go buy more.

John
04-12-2008, 10:38 PM
It's nice to see a bunch of people planning on going. I was also at the meet in Amarillo in 2001 and we saw plenty of cottontails, jacks, pheasant, ducks, and a few quail. The meet hotel was great too. I've been thinking about going this year, but haven't even floated the idea past my wife yet. A friend had talked about going with me, but he can't go now so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm thinking if I go, I might get there on Saturday and then leave Wednesday so I can be home for Thanksgiving and keep things good here. I hope when my kids are older to bring the whole family to meets since I've seen that they do plan a bunch of family stuff.

jhausman
04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
I've got 10 days hawking the web-footed enemy in North Dakota in October and 5-6 days in Indiana in February. Man, I wish I could add the NAFA Meet! Pretty much the way it works... "go do what you want during falconry season... really, any trip is fine except one... the day NAFA decides to NOT have their meet over THANKSGIVING... by all means go!" says my lovely and very supportive wife. If she didn't put up with every other trip and bird and mews and dog etc I might actually be complaining... and yet... frus ... wish I could go!

Chris L.
04-13-2008, 01:23 PM
I've got 10 days hawking the web-footed enemy in North Dakota in October and 5-6 days in Indiana in February. Man, I wish I could add the NAFA Meet! Pretty much the way it works... "go do what you want during falconry season... really, any trip is fine except one... the day NAFA decides to NOT have their meet over THANKSGIVING... by all means go!" says my lovely and very supportive wife. If she didn't put up with every other trip and bird and mews and dog etc I might actually be complaining... and yet... frus ... wish I could go!

Man,
I am disappointed. I was going to see if you were going to go!! You SUCK!

wesleyc6
04-13-2008, 02:06 PM
I will go one or two days myself. Hope to see some of you guys there.(welc)

John
04-13-2008, 02:15 PM

That's pretty much the boat I'm in. My wife puts up with a lot during the season and never complains and is very supportive, but I'm also hoping to take some out of town trips this season as well, so the meet might be pushing my luck. Still a possibility though.

Eagle Owl
04-17-2008, 05:18 PM
WooHoo! Got my HC today and all the Meet info and Registration Forms are included. Be sure to get those forms sent in early!!!

John
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Finally got my HC a couple days ago with all the meet info. I just called this morning and reserved my room. Still haven't talked to my wife yet, but hey, you gotta cover the bases! The guy told me he thought it was the last room they had so if anyone was wanting to stay at the meet hotel, you'd better call soon. Hopefully everything will work out and I'll see some of you there.

Flatwater Falconer
05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I phoned in just now and got my hotel reservation.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/davenport88/DSCN0007-1.jpg

Lee Slikkers
05-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm thinking about something along these lines...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LeeSlikkers/homeless-box.jpg

Flatwater Falconer
05-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey why not?

As long as you're wearing your name badge you can at least get the breakfast at the meet hotel!

:D

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/davenport88/DSCN0007-1.jpg

FredFogg
05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I called yesterday and got my reservation! We plan on leaving on Friday and arriving in Amarillo on Saturday. Hopefully, get a good drunk going on Saturday night and then hit the fields on Sunday. Last meet, I spent too much time messing around the hotel and didn't get out in the fields enough. I really didn't find any rabbits until the end of the week, that isn't happening this time. I can't wait to go, getting fired up just thinking about it. boxingg

Ken S.
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Can someone send me a quick PM with the hotel info for the meet? I can't find the registration flyer for meet and I don't see anything posted in the members section on the NAFA web site. I want to make my reservation asap...

thanks!

wesleyc6
05-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I think I will just drive up and back the same day. It is only about 2 hours or so from here.

Eagle Owl
05-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Here ya go.

Holiday Inn Amarillo
1911 I-40 East
Amarillo, TX 79102
(806) 372-8741

Ken S.
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks... I just found it too!! Got my reservation for Sun through Sat. It is a ton of driving to get there but I can't wait.

Eagle Owl
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Y'all don't forget to send in your pre-registration forms!!! Will make the registration process MUCH faster for you!!!!!!!

Takasho
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Gotta turn up the heat on the wifey. box2

Sounds like the meet hotel is almost full, anything close by that you'd suggest?

Eagle Owl
05-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Isaac, I am not at home, so I don't have that info right now. If you need it before I get home, e-mail Sheldon Nicolle (meet co-chair) at vicepres@texashawking.org and he can get you that info.

harpia
06-11-2008, 10:08 PM
If you have not found any info on the 2008 Meet it has just be posted at http://www.usafalconry.com/cindex.asp?id=NAFAmeet

It also has a registration form you can download.