PDA

View Full Version : Rat Terriers

MrBill
01-09-2015, 11:20 AM
I was at the local dog shelter the other day, and came upon a rat terrier. He appealed to me in the sense that he was a small terrier. I picked him up, and I suspect he weighed only about 8-10 pounds. He was the perfect size for getting into brush and going to ground. I read a bit about them and they appear to be a bit mellower than the JRT (which may or may not be good). I am familiar with the JRT having hunted with them for a number of years. But, I was wondering if anyone has used the rat terrier under a hawk enough to offer a considered opinion as to their value in falconry? Thanks.

Bill Boni

MrBill
01-09-2015, 11:22 AM
I was at the local dog shelter the other day, and came upon a rat terrier. He appealed to me in the sense that he was a small terrier. I picked him up, and I suspect he weighed only about 8-10 pounds. He was the perfect size for getting into brush and going to ground. I read a bit about them and they appear to be a bit mellower than the JRT (which may or may not be good). I am familiar with the JRT having hunted with them for a number of years. But, I was wondering if anyone has used the rat terrier under a hawk enough to offer a considered opinion as to their value in falconry? Thanks.

Bill Boni

Sorry folks, I found a thread on rat terriers, but if you have anything to add, please do. Thanks, again.

Bill Boni

MrBill
01-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Sorry folks, I found a thread on rat terriers, but if you have anything to add, please do. Thanks, again.

Bill Boni

Otherwise, Jeff, you can delete this thread. No sense having two of them.

Bill Boni