PDA

View Full Version : 'lo everyone

drake
04-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Just stepping in to say hello to everyone out there. I am finally taken steps towards getting more involved with Falconry.I have purchased some study material and other books, looking at "How to"s on making my own gear, thinking of mews designs, etc etc.

I am hoping that I eventually find local, that won't mind showing me the craft to help me further decide if this is for me or not

well anyways, I am sure I can ramble on for a bit but rather pass. I prolly be quiet on the forums unless you catch me in chat or post something that i have to say something to :)

Drake
League City, TX

tacatanach
04-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Just stepping in to say hello to everyone out there. I am finally taken steps towards getting more involved with Falconry.I have purchased some study material and other books, looking at "How to"s on making my own gear, thinking of mews designs, etc etc.

I am hoping that I eventually find local, that won't mind showing me the craft to help me further decide if this is for me or not

well anyways, I am sure I can ramble on for a bit but rather pass. I prolly be quiet on the forums unless you catch me in chat or post something that i have to say something to :)

Drake
League City, TX

Howdy

I'm up in college station, so a couple hours north of you, but there are a fair number of falconers in the Houston area.

drake
04-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Thats what I hear, just need to find a few closer to me and I be happier. One thing I love about the area I am in is that i see a ton of passage birds every year! And as of today (kinda a weird day) I have seen 3 RT's and 1-2 other raptors that I couldn't identify.

robhawkyyz
04-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Good to have you here, We need more of us in this S.E. TX. area!!! You may have to travel some from where you are at... keep us informed. I know there is someone in Bolliver, Alvin i don't know and in Houston we are spread out, but it is worth the drive although traffic sucks as you know!!! Hope it happens, let me know!!!

drake
04-05-2008, 05:45 PM
There are tons of small towns in this area (Dickenson, Kehmah, La Port, Alvin, Friendswood, etc etc) Kinda rolling the dice here to see if by some strange chance I have someone thats 5 mins away :P

Anyways i be watching this thread for awhile, ...

thanks for the greetings,
drake

Chris L.
04-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Drake,
Welcome to NAFEX falconry forum. It is great to have you on here. I really appreciate the donation, thank you. Let us know if you need anything and don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to hearing about your progress

again Welcome

robhawkyyz
04-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Drake, Get your falconry info from Texas parks & wildlife, otherwise The Texas Hawking Association will help also...

drake
04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Chris you are welcome. Supporting a site that supports and help further develop something I have interest in, is not a problem!

Rob, I am already a member with THA, though don't look at my first posting there! was a pitiful one with me being too anxious. I also already contact TPWD, basically was told all the info was on the website, etcetc .. .seem like she gave me the cold shoulder, but anyways I am slowly gathering information.

robhawkyyz
04-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I heard that about tpwd, they are getting lazy... Sounds like you are on the right track though...

drake
04-05-2008, 10:49 PM
even though I join 4 boards, chit chat in rooms, it still doesn't beat a one on one convo with someone in person....

I do believe I am on the right track its a matter of time.

drake

zx2run
04-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your search....

drake
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks, finally got a hold of someone at THA, be calling them soon for additional info.