PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Nebraska

Flatwater Falconer
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
New today and wanted to say hello. Here's a shot of Ariel, The Wicked. This hawk was hell in the field but a challenge to interact with on a daily basis. She could capture anything that moved in the field.

She was thrice intermewed then released. The day we trapped her I commented that she was a golden eagle in a red-tail body. There was no fear in her eyes even on that first day. And from then she ran the show.

(Tried to resize this image but I'm rusty with Photobucket.)

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/davenport88/DSCN0007-1.jpg

everetkhorton
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Neb.
(welc) please sign your post. We are on a first name bases here. Nice looking RT.

Jimmy
04-10-2008, 08:02 AM
(welc)
Donna, right?

Flatwater Falconer
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Everett and Jimmy,

Yes, it's Donna here in Nebraska.

That was a nice redtail. She was released about ten miles from my house and I swear I still see her occasionally sitting around on a crossarm. With her attitude she probably clobbered any resident hawks and claimed that area as her own.

Best,
Donna

kimmerar
04-10-2008, 05:19 PM
(welc) Donna. I have a kbird name airreal!! We love pics here BTW. Just in case you have a few to share. So what are you flying now?

zx2run
04-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!:)

Flatwater Falconer
04-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Kim, Hi Jessica,

I've got a 16 yo Harris bred by the Coulsons. He's been in Nebraska his whole life and several of the falconers in Nebraska have enjoyed flying this guy. He flies at 21 ounces and has taken quail, pheasant, rabbits, a few hares, and countless misc.

My first love really is a redtailed hawk but for now this hawk is truly a great bird to be flying.

How about you two?

kimmerar
04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Cool Donna - I would love to try a little male HH sometime - that seems to be what alot of people are looking for lately. I just upgraded to general myself and I've only had 2 kbirds so far. Eventually I want to fly a sharpie - when the time is right. I really love flying these these kbirds.

Good to have you hear