PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Saluqi
02-15-2007, 03:31 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_02852.jpg

I joined this forum a while ago and thought I'd take a second and introduce myself. My name is Paul Domski, I live in NM and fly a tiercel gos and a tiercel gyr/pere. The photo (if it comes through!!) is of me, Sammie my Brittany, and Lou the goshawk.

Good Hawking!

wesleyc6
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Glad to have you here Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy this forum!

`Chris L.
02-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Paul,
Welcome to the forum.. great looking team you have there. I hope you enjoy the forums. How has your season been? That is a great picture...
dont hestitate to post.

thanks for introducing yourself

Saluqi
02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome. It's been a good season for the most part, though our weather, since right before the holidays, has been really nasty and the combined effects of snow, cold, and wind have taken a toll on our game populations and access to the field. I've always thought that moving to Montana or Wyoming would be ideal for hawking, but with the cold snowy winters that they must have on a regular basis I don't know how falconers up there do it.

Paul

`Chris L.
02-15-2007, 04:25 PM
I've always thought that moving to Montana or Wyoming would be ideal for hawking, but with the cold snowy winters that they must have on a regular basis I don't know how falconers up there do it.

Paul

Paul, I too was going to move to Wyoming until I thought about the cold. It wold relly put a damper on hawking for sure. It is a great place for game though.... Anyone on the list from wyoming? I would liek to hear about it

Jimmy
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Welcome Paul.

For those that don't know, Paul is an accomplished hood maker too. One of my nicest hoods is a Domski. [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] Paul may not remember making it though.............

Saluqi
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks Jimmy, I do remember, tiercel gos right? Are you breeding goshawks as well as Harris's? I'm always tempted to put my tiercel into a breeding program, or getting a female and flying her for a while and then see if I get a breeding pair. Who knows, maybe this year....

Paul

Jimmy
02-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Close, it was for a female gos. Never got to use it on the gos, 'cause I ended up not getting her. It fit my homegrown female harris's though.

I can breed gos's, but haven't yet. I gave my male away at the NAFA meet. I finally admitted to myself that he would never donate. And I gave my female away about a month ago, since I didn't have a male anymore. I'm gonna try again at some point, but will just concentrate on the Harris's for now. They're a little less work........