PDA

View Full Version : Wire Viz greetings from KS

konza vadasz
04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi! I'm Deb Wall from Central KS. I'm not a falconer, but have always been interested in the sport and enjoy learning all I can. My big passion is dogs, specifically Wirehaired Vizslas, which I breed, raise, train, hunt & show. My husband Doug is a lifelong hunter & our gunner; I don't enjoy shooting all that much, so I'm the dog handler part of our team.
(dog)

A truly versatile breed, our dogs not only hunt for us, we participate in conformation showing, obedience-rally, agility and Therapy Dogs, Inc.

I am a co-founder and charter member of the Wirehaired Vizsla Club of America, the Board Secretary, webmaster & Rescue Coordinator. The club's website is http://www.whvca.us. If you have a WHV, we want to hear from you and hope you'll join our dogclub.

We raise our dogs especially for hunters & falconers. Our dogs are with falconers in KS, CO, TX, WI, MI & will be in AZ & NC later this year. We are thrilled to send our pups to falconers, where the dogs can live up to their heritage as a breed developed by falconers for falconers!
I am very interested in developing a falconry dog program within the WHVCA and designing an ability test, similar to NAVHDA's testing program, but specifically for falconry dogs of all breeds.

Saluqi
04-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Welcome Deb! I'm very interested in wirehaired Vizslas, and Vizslas in general. I currently hunt with an Am Brittany and she has been a great team member, but she is getting on in years and it won't be too long before I'll need a new team member.

You are in good company here, someone whom I'm will introduce himself soon just got a wirehaired Vizsla.

Take Care,

Chris L.
04-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Deb,
great to have you here. I have heard many great things about you from Nancy and from Jason. You guys have a great thing going and I look forward to see some of your pups placed with falconers from this board.

Please dont hesitate to post when you have a litter, I am sure some wil be intereested. I see Paul has his eye on them as well.

As Paul mentioned, I just added a WHV to my team. What a great companion and family member he has become already. I could not be happier with this breed. He is so intelligent and really is excellent around my birds. It takes very little to correct him and I like that. I am excited to get him in the field but I am working on obedience right now. He is picking it up so quickly it blows my mind.

please don't hesitate to post and if you have any questions feel free to fire away.

again welcome, its great to have you

konza vadasz
04-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm excited to learn more about falconry and especially the dog's role in the hunting team.
Chris, some of our dogs are related to your Taylor... our Tulip is full sister to Taylor's dam and Pajtas is full brother to his sire (Pajtas & Aprod have the same sire and their dams are full sisters). It's a small world with WHV!;)

jhausman
04-25-2008, 05:04 AM
Yeah! Deb is on here! I am really looking forward to getting my new falconry buddy from you this Fall! Can't wait to see him at the show in May! It will be weird seeing him there and not taking him home... but I expect the end result will be awesome! rockon

Jason