PDA

View Full Version : Hey all from Geneva Florida

bigbaldo
05-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey all, love the site! Full of great info. I've been lurking around here for a while, reading reading and then reading!!
I'm new to the falconry scene but I have been interested for quite some time.
I recently passed my state test, have a sponsor and my mews are "in progress" as we speak. I am planning on flying a redtail. I am really looking forward to trapping my 1st bird!!!
Thanks again for all the info(it really helps).
John

wesleyc6
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Glad you like that site. Some really good falconers on here for you to ask info from and hopefully to share info WITH.

MikeT307
05-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Good to see another member from the sunshine state! Good luck with the rest of the permit process. I'd advise you to go ahead and mail your application and sponsor letter in a good week or two ahead of time before you are ready to have the facilities and equipment inspection. Tallahassee usually isn't so quick on the turn around time of getting an inspector lined up.

bigbaldo
05-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys!
Mike, I've already sent them my application and sponsor letter. Its funny, I was told that it can take a looong time for Fl to get everything in order, but as soon as I faxed them my sponsor letter I got a call from Fish&game wanting to set up an inspection!! Thats why I've been rushing to get everything together.
John

paganlove22
05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey John,
When did you send your app. and letter in? I sent mine in the beginning of last week but havent heard from anybody yet. How long did it take from the time you sent it until you heard anything?

KidK
05-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey John!

Welcome to NAFEX! I am glad that you have finally posted a bit about yourself. It has been pretty cool to be PM'ing with you about falconry.:D

We are all eager to here of your progress towards your first bird. Share some photos of your mews when you get a chance.

Best Regards,

bigbaldo
05-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks Kory!
Pagan, I sent my application in March, I took my test in April, April 28th I faxed them my sponsor letter and 20 min later F&G called. Keep in mind that I was calling them to "check my status" fairly regularly. In fact, the receptionist called me to let me know I passed my test.
Have you talked to Precious Boatwright yet? If not, she is the person you need to talk to.
John

everetkhorton
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
John:
(welc) to NAFEX, we always like Pic also, how about some picture of your mews.

paganlove22
05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks Kory!
Pagan, I sent my application in March, I took my test in April, April 28th I faxed them my sponsor letter and 20 min later F&G called. Keep in mind that I was calling them to "check my status" fairly regularly. In fact, the receptionist called me to let me know I passed my test.
Have you talked to Precious Boatwright yet? If not, she is the person you need to talk to.
John

Oh yeah Precious and I have had words numerous times. It took her 4 weeks to decide that she needed to call and find out where my test got misplaced to and even then she didnt want to do it. I had to keep calling her. box2 Whos you sponsor? Larry Shaffer out of Ocala is mine.

MikeT307
05-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks Kory!
John

Heh, did you send Precious a dozen roses before you faxed your application? I will not get into it here since I've posted it before in other threads but my permit process was painfully slow and Precious was the primary cause. I called her at least twice a week to "check in" on things, too.

FredFogg
05-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Heh, did you send Precious a dozen roses before you faxed your application? I will not get into it here since I've posted it before in other threads but my permit process was painfully slow and Precious was the primary cause. I called her at least twice a week to "check in" on things, too.

She doesn't sound to "Precious" to me! LOL :D

pjdonat
05-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Ok, I have seen it posted in a few threads now, this person's name seriously is Precious Boatwright? I mean man with a name like that I can understand why she is tough to deal with. If I had a name like that I would go through life resenting everyone who had a normal name that didn't sound like their parents hated them since birth. lol So I would be trying to share the misery life threw me with that name. Not trying to sound harsh here but man I can't even begin to imagine the teasing she got as a child with a name like Precious.
-Paul-

MikeT307
05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
My daddy left home when I was three
And he didn't leave much to ma and me
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me "Sue."

~Johnny Cash~

paganlove22
05-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Heh, did you send Precious a dozen roses before you faxed your application? too.

Geez is that all it takes? Ill send her lazy behind 5 dozen if it would improve her work ethic.

bigbaldo
05-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I have had better luck with the receptionist. Every time I called, I talked to the receptionist. That way, anytime she saw my name on any paperwork she would remember me. :D:D
After I took my test, I called up there just to ask, "what do I do now?"(I'm good at playing dumb). So the next day when she saw my test info.....she called me.
When I think of Precious....Golem, from Lord of the rings, always pops in my head!!!:D

John

pjdonat
05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
lmao Mike, I like that song alot, but I like The Johnny Chicken Show better.
-Paul-

Chris L.
05-22-2008, 04:22 PM
John,
Welcome aboard. There are some great falconers on NAFEX. Ask questions and have a great time

let us know if you need anything and good luck...