PDA

View Full Version : any Canaidian falconers near Niagara Falls?

jclarkson
08-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Lost a GyrxSaker tonight. She flew across the border and was last seen sitting near the peace bridge. She has two transmitters 216.165 & 216.175 she has been tame hacked all summer, very tame responds to a whistle and will come to the lure. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jonathan Clarkson
716-949-9221

falcipiter
08-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Jon,
If (and only if and I am saying this with just my thoughts and you shouldn't do this!) I was lucky enough that the bird is recovered in Canada, I would set up a meeting point where the two of you have visuals across the border. Throw out a lure and recover (my) bird back that way.
When I transferred a bird up to Canada it took 3 days shy of six months to get the paperwork completed to everyones satisfaction and costs hundreds of dollars.
Just MY thoughts.

red_tailed
08-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Contact James Cowan at "Canadian raptor concervancy" (go to his web page). Would def be able to get you in contact with people close by

Bob
BC Canada

jclarkson
08-08-2016, 05:24 PM
thank you

jclarkson
08-08-2016, 06:05 PM
can anyone tell me how long the old marshal rt transmitters last?

jclarkson
08-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Thanks Mike already thought that very same thing haha. Put on over 200 miles again today with help from several other falconers both here and in Canada no signal at all. Taking a plane up tomorrow to see if it helps any, after that nothing more I can do but wait and see if she shows up somewhere. She could be half way across the country or Canada. if anyone is out and about with telemetry please try these two freq. 216.165 and 216.155. I made a typo in my first post it is for sure 165 and 155 not 175. Thanks!
Jon

Genova_A
08-09-2016, 07:35 PM
I know a couple of people who might be close in the Area. From Niagara falls to my area (Quebec,) that is about 930km distance. Not sure if you're falcon will be close by here, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Have you tried contacting the Ontario hawking club? there is quite of a lot of members in there that might be close by Niagara falls or in the area. You can also talk to Charles at Peregrine International. (He is about 400-500km from Niagara falls. you can find the Ontario hawking club and Peregrine International on google.)

jclarkson
08-09-2016, 09:23 PM
yep contacted Ontario Hawking club, have some great folks out looking. i will try peregrine international next thanks for the info! she could be any where, she went 50 miles in minutes i wouldn't be suprised where she ends up.

jclarkson
08-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Filling out 186-a lost bird..... Bummer! Still have possible sightings in Fort Erie Canada and along the Niagara River, but nothing solid. Thanks so much for everyone who helped me look for her. I had overwhelming help and support from both sides of the border trying to relocate her!