PDA

View Full Version : Gene Johnson

sakerjack
01-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Greetings Hoodmakers. I want to share a post. Gene Johnson has passed away.

“”This is for my falconry friends who knew or knew of Gene Johnson. It is reported to me by a friend that Gene passed away on January 16 in Colorado Springs. I didn't see this reported by anyone else, so I wanted to share it. Gene was a talented hoodmaker, and many years ago when I was a new falconr he took the time to write me a letter encouraging me in the sport. It meant a lot to me. I have no information about any service.”

Gene Johnson
was one of the finest EVER to stitch a hood.
I want to raise 1,000.00 to insure he gets a plaque on the Wall of Remembrance at the Archives in Boise, Idaho.
I propose every hoodmaker donate $10.00. This will allow Gene to always be remembered. Please help me.

keitht
01-20-2018, 10:11 AM
We lost another great one. Gene was a multi-talented artist and has influenced many in our sport.

GONEHAWKN
01-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Received word last night of this. Sad news for sure. I feel lucky to have several examples of Gene's work in my collection. I am in for a donation towards a plaque.

Hawkmom
01-23-2018, 03:14 AM
I also have several of his hoods. The stitching he did looked impossible to do. And the hoods NEVER came apart. Well worn, well loved with lots of memories from the falcons that wore those hoods.

Hawkmom
01-23-2018, 03:17 AM
Is there an obit?

keitht
01-23-2018, 08:34 PM
This was the first "store bought hood," I ever bought. I thought ten bucks was quite a chunk of change back then.

http://gallery.kingsnake.com/data/2146Gene_Johnson_Hoods-med.jpg

citabria
01-23-2018, 09:16 PM
im not a hood maker but I love my old Gene Johnson hood. count me in on a donation.

sakerjack
01-24-2018, 07:30 AM
Please send your donation directly to the Archives, make sure your donation is for Gene Johnson.

https://peregrinefund.org/falconers-wall-donation

COMEAUX
01-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Please send your donation directly to the Archives, make sure your donation is for Gene Johnson.

https://peregrinefund.org/falconers-wall-donation

Ken, in Honor of or in memory of?

where is my damn hood!beeer

sakerjack
01-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Hey make sure you say that it is for the Gene Johnson plaque.. Mention his name please.. I told Duffy to tell you I was working on it,, send me a mailing address

COMEAUX
01-24-2018, 06:59 PM
Hey make sure you say that it is for the Gene Johnson plaque.. Mention his name please.. I told Duffy to tell you I was working on it,, send me a mailing address

confuseddagain in honor of or in memory of ? P O Box 125 Port Bolivar,Texas 77650

Hunter45
01-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Below is a picture from Gene Johnson's FB Page, "Gene Johnson", that was posted by his wife Lisa to give the details of his untimely passing and some comments/remarks as a tribute to him.

I had the privilege and pleasure of my friendship ith them both beginning in the 1960's. Gene will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

I would appreciate receiving any and all pictures, stories, remembrances, etc. about Gene and Lisa as PMs that could be used in an article about him for NAFA. Full attribution of anything used will be given.

sakerjack
01-29-2018, 06:46 PM
Thank you Greg. Donations are coming in but we have a long way to go. Gene was falconer a hood maker , craftsman and deserves to be remembered. Please help with a donation, thank you all