PDA

View Full Version : New Old Peregrine

raptrlvr
06-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Picked this bird up yesterday. It is a 2004 LaJuene {SP?} female that has been in a breeding project for the last 3 years here in NM. It hasn't laid any eggs yet so the hope is that by flying it on wild game, it might improve the chances for that to happen. The breeders needed to make room for 2 aplamado's coming in next week so they gave 2 females peregrine's away. The breeders paid $2000 for this bird plus import fees from Canada and they gave the bird to my daughter who is a master falconer. She will keep the bird here at my house and fly it for at least one season and if things don't work out, she will pass it on to another falconer. The feathers are a little tattered, but, the bird is molting so that should solve that problem.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z74/raptrlvr/DSC_0002A-1.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z74/raptrlvr/DSC_0009ABCcopy.jpg

FredFogg
06-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Beautiful bird Jim! One of these days, I am going to fly a peregrine! But not too soon, too many other things going on with my falconry. LOL

robhawkyyz
06-15-2008, 01:27 PM
that is one beautiful bird!!! what is the "LaJuene" i have not heard or read that?

raptrlvr
06-16-2008, 10:52 PM
LaJuene is the breeder in Canada. This is a Peales Peregrine.

awahl
06-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Jim, that should be excellent breeding stock. A good friend of mine has some from that line, and they are all excellent high flying birds. Let me know if you end up moving her on in the future. In about an hour, I am going over to pull a few birds for him that are related to that one.

raptrlvr
06-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Andy, I'll keep you in mind if she needs to be moved. She is pretty good natured so far. She screams at me when she first sees me, but, steps right up on the glove. I have her free lofted in the mews. Took a bath within 20 minutes of blocking her out in the weathering area. I weighed her yesterday morning and she was 32 and 1/2 ozs. She should calm down in a couple more days.