PDA

View Full Version : Hello from GA

Jesse
03-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Hello all, my name is Jesse and I am now finishing my third season. I fly a male redtail named Brutis on squirrels, rabbits, and anything else he wants to chase. I have also trained one coops that was fun, but I wasn't able to put her on enough game for my liking so I released her.

Jesse

Jimmy
03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
The bulldog has arrived........

`Chris L.
03-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Jesse,
great to have you on the site. How was your season? Are you going to intermew brutis?? .

Again welcome and I hope to get to down to Ga again real soon...

everetkhorton
03-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Jess:
Welcome to the site. I also hunt sqr. with a Rt. Sounds like a lot of the guys take sqr. in GA. I hope you are going to have Brutus for next year, those RT get better and better as they get older. Post anytime you feel like it.

wesleyc6
03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Glad to have you Jesse!

Welcome!

Jesse
03-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey Chris, Brutis and I had a pretty good season. He's a good bird and I am planning on keeping him.
Do you also fly a redtail Chris?

Jesse

Jimmy
03-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Brutis is a keeper for sure. Well mannered, good hunter, and a LOT of fun to watch. He also made the money shot this weekend [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

`Chris L.
03-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey Chris, Brutis and I had a pretty good season. He's a good bird and I am planning on keeping him.
Do you also fly a redtail Chris?

Jesse

Jess, I flew a Rt in the begining of the year but let him go and started to fly a HH and a coops

You have to come up to Sc some time.. I would like to see your bird fly

Jesse
03-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Hey Chris, I would really like to come to SC sometime and hunt with you guys. I have a friend who just moved here from there and says it is a great place for squirrels and rabbits. Maybe I'll be able to make it to the SC field meet next year. I know Jimmy had a good time up there.
How did you do with the coops? I had fun with mine, I just needed more good places to hunt.

Jesse

`Chris L.
03-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey Chris, I would really like to come to SC sometime and hunt with you guys.

How did you do with the coops? I had fun with mine, I just needed more good places to hunt.

Jesse

Jesse, Any time you want to come you are more than welcome. I have plenty of room at the house and Jen loves to entertain.. so come on up

The coops was going great.. I was free flying her and she was going after game and hunting hard. until she got bitten by a ferral cat..

manok
03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Jesse, is just being polite.
Brutis, his bird is well trained & capable of doubles, triples & more, all in a days work.
I had the pleasure of hunting squirrel with them two years ago.
We caught a double, ( if my memory serves me correctly today ) Brutis was looking for more.
At the start of the season Jesse & Brutis had caught some sixteen squirrel before I had chance to brush the dust off Solomon.
Jesse good to see you onboard, hope to read some of your exploits & opinions in the future.

`Chris L.
03-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Damn he's ALIVE.... [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] good to see you on the boards davy..I hope the job is going easy on ya/.. great to see you post man

manok
03-07-2007, 08:16 PM
" Alive & kicking " [smilie=banana.gif] .

I'm still here, been keeping up with the posts [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] .

Nothing much to say as the season has wound down.

Now I get to take care of all the things I avoided whilst hunting season was upon us. lawn care, new mew [smilie=bs.gif] .

Footnote, if I was to build another ' jump box ' I'd paint it white, or a light khaki.

The green didn't go down too well during the winter as everything around was dead or dying.

White would keep the interior cooler as well [smilie=iamwithstupid.gif] .

Nobody said they liked the stripes on the box either [smilie=eusa_boohoo.gif]

Jesse
03-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey Davy, good to hear from you. I know you had a very successful season with your bird as well.
Hopefully we'll get to hunt together again next year.

Jesse

Lee Slikkers
03-08-2007, 08:07 AM
The coops was going great.. I was free flying her and she was going after game and hunting hard. until she got bitten by a ferral cat..

Chris, sorry to hear about this...what was the outcome of the cat bite? I had my tiercel HH decide to take a 4+lb barn cat 2 months ago and luckily with some quickly administered meds and time he came through it ok, but I was scared to death and had heard nothing but horror stories regarding cats and "smallish" hawks.

Lee

`Chris L.
03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Lee, Not good my friend. The toxins from the bite went into her feet within 24 hours and caused sever damage to the microvasculature of her feet. .. I wont hijack this thread and post in Nacho's thread on the details.. its crazy how fast it took over. I know have a new found hate for ferrel cats.

It is great to hear your HH did ok with it.. it is as toxic as you have heard. I have seen it first hand

everetkhorton
03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Chris:
Sorry to hear about the cat and your Cooper. Doesn't sound good.