PDA

View Full Version : I am back

Chris L.
10-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Wow where to begin. I guess i need to let everyone know I have been out with a severe illness. I was sick for at least 2 years maybe even more. Its a blur for me now and I can't remember most of it. Fast forward to now. I am cured and lucky to be alive. I cheated death twice and could barley call my life a life. It is so good to be alive and able to do what I enjoy again

I want to apologies for the lack of me being on here and the lack of being able to tend to the NAFEX. I was just not in any shape to do what needed to be done. I am now able to do what I need to do.

So i am working on the email function as I type. If there are any other issues please post in this thread and let me know.

Thank you for keeping the site going while I was out, its so nice to see her up and running with you all still posting. I know its not IG or Facebook but NAFEX will always be here and there for you all forever.

Happy hawking to you all,

Chris

jdrmd
10-13-2019, 04:16 PM
GREAT to have you back Chris!!!!!! Glad you hear you are back in business!!!!!!!

rri32701
10-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Glad to see you pulled through.Glad to see our prayers were answered!!!

Mike Craig
10-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Glad you are back and feeling good. This is a great site for information
Mike

goshawkr
10-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Wow where to begin. I guess i need to let everyone know I have been out with a severe illness. I was sick for at least 2 years maybe even more. Its a blur for me now and I can't remember most of it. Fast forward to now. I am cured and lucky to be alive. I cheated death twice and could barley call my life a life. It is so good to be alive and able to do what I enjoy again

I want to apologies for the lack of me being on here and the lack of being able to tend to the NAFEX. I was just not in any shape to do what needed to be done. I am now able to do what I need to do.

So i am working on the email function as I type. If there are any other issues please post in this thread and let me know.

Thank you for keeping the site going while I was out, its so nice to see her up and running with you all still posting. I know its not IG or Facebook but NAFEX will always be here and there for you all forever.

Happy hawking to you all,

Chris

Glad your still on the right side of the dirt Chris, and no need to appologize for anything.

Its a shame that so much traffic seems to have left NAFEX for other media types - Facebook and IG have their place, but they are very different formats. There has not really been a social media replacement for the core function of a forum.

JRedig
10-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Write your password down somewhere this time! Welcome back buddy.

rkumetz
10-13-2019, 06:43 PM
clappclappclapp

Breeze
10-13-2019, 06:48 PM
Glad you are back, Chris! Will be starting a new thread for my hawk soon - we are flying, just haven't taken time to post. Will have to remedy that. :-)

rkumetz
10-13-2019, 06:48 PM
I know its not IG or Facebook but NAFEX will always be here and there for you all forever.

The reason some of us are here is precisely because it is not IG or Facebook. The forum is a much more healthy way of interacting than mainstream social media.

Thanks for making NAFEX available to us!

Lloyd
10-13-2019, 07:12 PM
Glad you are back! Welcome back!

nehawker
10-13-2019, 07:37 PM
So glad to hear everything turned out well for you!

Chris L.
10-13-2019, 07:43 PM
You guys have no idea what this means to me to read your posts.. Thank you so much for all of the warm wishes and kind words. I have changed who I am because of what happened to me. I am not taking life for granted anymore and really enjoying slowing down and taking more time to be with people like you all in my life. Thank you so so much. You made my day to see there are still a few of us kicking around. I really appreciate you all so much and you taking the time to post.

thank you for being my friends. I hope I can give back to you guys as much as you do for me.

Nafex will always be here. Even if its just me blabbering along.. peacee. I will for sure start some threads about my birds too. I am flying and getting out. I had some great flights yesterday and just happy to be able to do it again. I hope I can see many of you soon. If you all are in my neck of the woods please do PM me so we can at least have dinner

Your friend,

Chris

citabria
10-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Welcome back Chris! So glad you are doing well.

GONEHAWKN
10-13-2019, 08:15 PM
Chris, welcome back!

jm89
10-13-2019, 08:57 PM
Welcome back! I know I don't post much, but nothing can replace this forum!

Ksprague
10-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better. I definitely appreciate this forum. If you are looking for more to tinker with, it seems uploading pictures directly is not working right, at least for me. Thanks again for what you have done!

COMEAUX
10-13-2019, 10:59 PM
welcome back my friend...see ya at the meet!!!beeerbeeerbeeer

wyodjm
10-13-2019, 11:43 PM
Glad to see you back Chris.

FredFogg
10-14-2019, 06:26 AM
Chris, so glad you have made it through such a dark time in your life. Health issues are not fun (2 back surgeries and 1 neck in the past 2 years for me). I see above Chris said see you at the meet, I am hoping he is talking about the NAFA meet. If so, the first and second drink is on me! Looking forward to seeing you buddy!

Ross
10-14-2019, 07:36 AM
Chris, glad to have you back. You do the falconry community a great service by keeping this site going. I won't be going to the meet, but want to meet you in person someday. I know there were people on here praying for you, now time for thanks that you are better.
Take care, really take care of yourself

MrBill
10-14-2019, 07:55 AM
Welcome back, Chris. Rock on! clapp

Bill Boni

Paul Mascuch
10-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Missed you on here Chris. Glad you are doing better and are now back in the saddle. Glad to have you back.

Paul

Saluqi
10-14-2019, 09:33 AM
You brought tears to my eyes when I read your post. Welcome back Brother! You were missed! If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

jdrmd
10-14-2019, 11:58 AM
You brought tears to my eyes when I read your post. Welcome back Brother! You were missed! If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Ditto

goshawkr
10-14-2019, 01:21 PM
And just like that, Chris comes back and the forum has a new vibrancy of activity. Just one small additional reason that I am glad you are back. :D

Chris L.
10-14-2019, 01:22 PM
Guys, you all make my heart so warm. Thank you. I needed this. Its hard to explain the kind of mindset you get in when times are so dark and you wonder if the next day will be there or if you even want it to be. I have a new appreciation for life and my friends. I consider you all my friends and please come see me and lets enjoy what life is about. I will for sure be at nafa and I really would like to meet new friends and sit with my old ones. your posts made me very emotional and its a good thing. Thank you again, you all really have no idea what it means to me.

The kind words about NAFEX make it all worth it. I never expected to come back to so much appreciation. Like I said I can't compete with gratification all are seeking from IG or Facebook but those platforms are not even close to the bonds that are created on a forum like this. It actually takes time to write and enjoy each other on here and not just hit a like button and move on. NAFEX is chalked full of some of the best falconry in the USA and is searchable. I will never destroy that. You all have worked so hard to make it a valuable resource and I intend to keep it that way.

Thank you all again. Your posts are so amazing and have touched my heart.

mainefalconer
10-15-2019, 06:58 AM
Yo Chris!!! I'm so glad you're doing well. SO glad! Wish I could say that I'll be seeing you in Kansas at the coming meet, but I'm not going to make it this time. Not to worry,... I'll catch up with you before too much time has passed. My days of hawking in the SW aren't over just yet! Be good, brother! Talk to you later. I've got a NW wind this morning, and will be in the trapping blind in about 90 minutes. Maybe I'll shoot you a text or two of passage raptors in hand, just to fire you up!

FredFogg
10-15-2019, 07:41 AM
I've got a NW wind this morning, and will be in the trapping blind in about 90 minutes. Maybe I'll shoot you a text or two of passage raptors in hand, just to fire you up!

Just box up a passage goshawk and drop it in the mail to me Scott! LOL Good luck trapping! Hate you are missing the meet this year, I finally decided I was going last week. See you the next time!

Chasj87
10-15-2019, 09:10 AM
Chris,

It is great to see you are back at the reins. I often thought of you and was pulling for you in my own way. Congratulations on you’re recovery. I will be looking forward to meeting you in Great bend which happens to be in my back yard. Thanks for all you have done and I wish you the very best.

Heero
10-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Welcome back, Chris.

mike

wyodjm
10-15-2019, 02:32 PM
Hi Chris. I've had some time to absorb your original post. I am so glad and thankful that you are doing well and have recovered from such a life threatening experience! Please know that you are truly appreciated for who you are and what you mean to us. Oh yes, and thanks for NAFEX!

It's really good to see you back. 👍

tony123abc
10-15-2019, 07:51 PM
You were gone?:D Glad you are well.

falconrydope
10-15-2019, 11:00 PM
Glad your back Chris, NAFEX has come back to life, take you up on that coffee anytime. RON

Tyme2fly
10-17-2019, 05:45 AM
First off Chris welcome back. In the darkness a light will always be shining bright some where it’s just the one person to find it and embrace the journey all though it may be fight in one way or another. It is a fight for life, a fight to live, and a fight to do what we do. I know the journey you are on and it can be dark at times. But remember one thing friends are here and always have a Shoulder to lean on and a hand to help us up and ears to listen, and a heart to love. Your love for our passions is Undeniable and endless. Without this forum the falconry world wouldn’t be where we are today!! It makes a difference to being able to go somewhere and strike up a conversation with a total stranger and by the end of the post you now have a friend. I have met several people from Nafex and have/had great friends. Some have left us and some are still around. But we are all here for each other to enjoy each other’s journey and the ups and downs of our lives! Again THANK YOU for bringing the world of falconry to a forum and not FB or IG. ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY CHRIS! Glad to see/hear you are doing better!!

Ally
10-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Chris,
So good to hear from you and that you are healthy and back at it. We have definitely missed you!

Buckeye Falconer
10-17-2019, 02:30 PM
Chris, I am so glad to hear that you're back to good health and back to doing what brings you joy. I hope you have an incredible season and that you only experience perfect health moving forward. You definitely deserve it my friend!!
-Joe

PeteJ
10-18-2019, 11:26 PM
Good to hear you weathered that storm and are back with a new perspective on existence. Be well and Nature will help to bring you the sense of peace you probably need at this point.

Eragon
10-20-2019, 12:17 AM
Hi Chris! I'm late to the party, but I'm really glad to see you are back and doing well. See you at the meet!

Steve Jones
10-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Sucks you had to go through two years of crap, but great to hear it's behind you. Welcome back.