PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new to this info and acquaintances are appreciated

tank250
07-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Hi I'm new. My name is Nathan. I am hopping to be a falconer or hawker. I've been corrected both ways. So whichever you prefer thats it. I'm looking to for info of all kinds, Internet, Books, People. The people would help the most but anything you can toss my way would be appreciated. Outhawkn directed me to this site. I thank him for letting me know about this site. That puts me one step closer to the cause.
(dog)

Bodarc
07-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi Nathan

You might want to go here and introduce yourself:

http://arkansashawkingassociation.org

Here is a good website for reading about falconry if you don't know about it:

http://www.themodernapprentice.com

Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here.

outhawkn
07-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi Nathan.
Good to see you on here. Opinions are going to very on every subject. Falconer, hawker,good websites ,bad websites etc.......
So dont be alarmed when their isnt one answer for everything. But thats what makes this forum different from others.

Anyway, welcome and lets find you someone you can talk to.

Can someone close to Nathan take him out and show him a hawk?

Thanks you guy's.....................

kimmerar
07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
(welc) Nathan!! What part of Arkansas are you in? I'm sure when it gets closer to fall we can get you set up with someone to go hawking with.

Check out the link Johnny gave you to the AHA and post. Someone will help you out.

There will be an apprentice workshop Aug 23 the last I heard. When that gets finalized then I'm sure it will be on the website. You should come and check it out.

everetkhorton
07-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Nathan
(welc) Sounds you are on the move, you have already been given some
real good advice. Have fun!:D

tank250
07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the info and welcomes. themodernapprentice.com is where I have got most of my info so far. Its been very informative. I have tried to get registered on Arkansas Hawking Association but the register page has been disabled if I'm doing it rite. I am in North East Arkansas in between Jonesburro and Batesvill.

Thanks again.

anasari
07-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi I'm new. My name is Nathan. I am hopping to be a falconer or hawker. I've been corrected both ways. So whichever you prefer thats it. I'm looking to for info of all kinds, Internet, Books, People. The people would help the most but anything you can toss my way would be appreciated. Outhawkn directed me to this site. I thank him for letting me know about this site. That puts me one step closer to the cause.
(dog)
Welcome Nathan, and I'd like to give" BIG Props "and (welc)to those Falconers in Arkansas and on this site for Offering assiatance in Your Quest of Falconry Knowledge! I don't Know much,But the "Little" I do ,I'll share with you! Peace

kimmerar
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey Nathan

Try the aha again. Adam thinks he got the glitch worked out. He thinks he filtered it too much. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

You have some fine falconers up in that area. I wish I was closer. One guy just got a pair of young aplomado falons!!! That will be a site to see. I have to drive 4 hrs each way to get to see them but once he has them entered it will be top on my list. Heath Garner would be a fine sponser. He's in Jonesboro. I think he has one apprentice right now but he might have 2 already.

Contact Rusty when you join and he'll get you going in the right direction on testing and that kind of stuff and he loves taking out newbies. You'll be addicted by the end of the day. It would be worth the drive once he gets his birds going. He trapped a new golden in March.

My email is akfalconry@gmail.com if you have any more problems. Please let me know and good luck.