PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

sevristh
03-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Dave Hampton and I am currently living in Carrollton, GA though I am originally from Chicago, IL. I have recently begun to do something that I have wanted to do for many years, and that is to obtain a falconry license. So far, I have just been reading everything I can get my hands on in preparation for the test. From the scores I have gotten on the sample test online, I think I am ready. Also I have been clearing an area in the backyard to build a mews. I've got lots of ideas in my head, just trying to finalize some of them. Anyhow, right now I am trying to do a bit of networking to find some other falconers in the area as well as meet potential sponsors. If anyone lives in the area and would like to chat or maybe even needs help with anything I could learn from, please contact me!

Dave Hampton

everetkhorton
03-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Dave:
Welcome to the site. Sorry I can not help much because I am from Mi. There are people on the site from GA. You will find this group a very friendly group. Feel free to post any question on any subject. I would remind people that you are in the learning stage of the sport. It is nice if you post your name at the end of the post, which I seen you did. This can be done auto. in the profil sec. of this site. The avator is nice also. Agaom welcome and enjoy [smilie=wav.gif]

sevristh
03-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Got it done :) Don't have a pic with a hawk yet, though I am greatly looking forward to it, but I figured this 9-point buck taken with my bow last season would be the next best thing :)

sevristh
03-11-2007, 10:05 AM
By the way, if anyone knows how to make that avatar pic a bit bigger and still fit within the 7k parameters, lemme know!

Jimmy
03-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi Dave. Welcome aboard. There's not any falconers too close to Carrolton. There is one that is right around the corner from you, though I'm not sure I'd reccomend her as a very good person to talk to. She's a bit of a weirdo, and more of a petkeeper than a falconer. Plus, Manok (from this forum) would likely get jealous if you talked to her as I think he has somewhat of a crush on her [smilie=eusa_think.gif] Manok isn't too far away from you though, and if you can get past the funny way he talks, might be worth talking to....... [smilie=dontknow.gif]

`Chris L.
03-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Dave,
Welcome to the site. It is great that you decided to become a falconer. Now you will need to be medicated like the rest of us [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] .

If you are serious about becomeing a falconer you will need a giant hood for your redtail. I am having a build party for PVC giant hoods and you are more than welcome to come, I live in Sc. . You will get exposed to birds and falconers. There will be alot of GA falconers there so you may be able to make some contacts. You can ask all the questions you may be having... and its going to be a good time.

Let me know, here are the details on this thread http://www.nafex.net/viewtopic.php?t=226

Oh yeah, send me the original picture of your avatar and I will create you one that will be bigger.

Again welcome to the site and I look forward to reading your posts

manok
03-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Jimmy, I have been crushed & had more crushes than the average teenager [smilie=smileys13.gif] .

You may or may not know who I've got a crush on now, as they say " that's for me too know & you to find out " [smilie=dontknow.gif] .

James, I would ask politely that you stop trying to stir up things on this website [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]

And as for the funny way I talk, I'm speaking English [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

I came here to,' help educate the south, one redneck at a time ', would you like me to start with you ? [smilie=BangHead.gif]

wesleyc6
03-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi Dave,
Glad to have you on board. I am from Statesboro, GA. Anytime you would like to ride down, you would be welcome. Hope you enjoy the site here!!!! The boxes Chris makes are REALLY nice. In my opinion, it the premium material to make that is in a normal person's price range. It may be the best at any price possibly. I suspect I know who Jimmy is talking about. THis is my advice. If you want someone to sponsor you, you have just as much right to ask a few questions as they do. My first tough question after I get to know them a bit would be simply this, " Do you take game regularly with your hawk?"

Anyway, ask away and we will give you some redneck answers. [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

Davey, is that really English? [smilie=dontknow.gif]

sevristh
03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks Wes, and yes, I agree with you and Jimmy as far as the part about a potential sponsor needing to be someone who takes game with their birds.

As for Davy's English... well, after speaking to him for awhile today, I am left to wonder at how he is able to type replies on here without half his post being censored!! hahaha!!

(not that it offends an ex-sailor like me mind you! I'm glad to have finally found someone that swears more than I do!)