PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me? NAFEX on Chrome on Android.

windnfeathers
11-09-2023, 02:39 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting NAFEX to display correctly in the Chrome browser on Android? I can get the page to load using the Opera browser but for some reason the stylesheet just won't load in Chrome on my phone for the last probably 2 months. I'm just trying to decide how far to trouble shoot Chrome at this point or if others are seeing the issue as well.

JRedig
11-09-2023, 06:56 PM
Clear your cache and cookies?

jal4470
11-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Ive had the same problem, I get an unformatted page on my phone, but normal on my computer and tablet

windnfeathers
11-13-2023, 04:43 PM
I work in IT so I did the normal troubleshooting even reinstalled Chrome just to be sure also confirmed on two other Android devices on Chrome. Works fine in other browsers so right now that's how I'm accessing it on my phone. It also loads just fine on desktop.

Kaz5071
11-13-2023, 10:04 PM
I am having the same issue viewing nafex on chrome using my laptop, but it is working with Microsoft edge. I guess I am glad it is not just me.

Have a great night,

W

ddcast1234
11-14-2023, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear not just me I get a “404” error on everything except my Iphone
dennis

windnfeathers
11-15-2023, 01:18 PM
Glad to hear not just me I get a ?404? error on everything except my Iphone
dennis If you are getting a 404 error that's likely from the page being blocked by either a web filter, firewall, antivirus software, or your using a DNS server that is blocking the site.

windnfeathers
11-15-2023, 01:39 PM
So I believe I have the problem isolated now. I can replicate the error experienced in Chrome on mobile, in other browsers by forcing a secure (https) connection to NAFEX. Digging into the developer console I can see that the stylesheet cannot found using and https connection. The likely long term resolution would be to implement HTTPS encryption by adding a TLS certificate to NAFEX. Let's Encrypt (https://letsencrypt.org) offers this for free (this is not an ad just a recommendation) and maybe a good option as it should resolve this issue while not increasing the cost of hosting or maintaining the site.

citabria
12-14-2023, 09:35 PM
I can't get it to display correctly in any browser, mobile or desktop.

Saluqi
12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
I can't get it to display correctly in any browser, mobile or desktop.

Try clearing your cache, worked for me.

JRedig
02-28-2024, 01:57 PM
I’ve been poking Chris to fix these issues, I still get it occasionally. How is it for others? There’s an open ticket to resolve it.

BestBeagler
02-28-2024, 02:13 PM
Works fine on my android device

ddcast1234
02-28-2024, 07:40 PM
I am back to normal now even on chrome....not sure of timin but did get a new lapto that is running windows 11. I cant see the relationship there but as always if it is stupid and it works, it isn't stupid

dennis

citabria
02-29-2024, 11:36 AM
Mine is still not displaying correctly on any device or browser despite clearing cache.

windnfeathers
02-29-2024, 11:17 PM
Mine is still not displaying correctly on any device or browser despite clearing cache.I can sometimes get it to work on Opera on desktop buy forcing it to load insecure content but it doesn't load correctly on my phone at all anymore. And I have to tinker with it to make it load on Opera. Chrome, Edge, and Firefox won't load it correctly at all anymore.

JRedig
03-20-2024, 02:10 PM
Chris just got done with a big update to things, please let me know how things are working and if there are any bugs.

I found two so far, if you select home under the forum banner it goes to the forum link and if you select new posts it jumps to the what's new link. Also clicking the banner doesn't take you to home any more.

windnfeathers
03-20-2024, 03:35 PM
I can confirm it is working on my phone again as well as the the two bugs you mentioned. I also notice the Graphics at the top of the page aren't loading. I haven't found a way to actually get to the home page. Has it just been depreciated now that the side bar with New Posts exists? I'm not sure I mind that if that's how it works now other than maybe the buttons should just go away too. I do like the improvements to the UI and the site functional again! Thank you Chris, I know it's a lot more work than most people realize!

Chris just got done with a big update to things, please let me know how things are working and if there are any bugs.

I found two so far, if you select home under the forum banner it goes to the forum link and if you select new posts it jumps to the what's new link. Also clicking the banner doesn't take you to home any more.

JRedig
03-20-2024, 05:59 PM
Yeah graphics aren’t loading on mobile version. Home page is because the link forwards to the forum link, he’ll get those sorted, then it should go back to “normal”.

pascalger
03-21-2024, 09:09 AM
It sounds like some parts get blocked due to your Default Permission setting. You can allow more permissions so the site will use the correct settings instead of the default strict ones.

On your computer, open Chrome.
Go to the site.
To the left of the web address, click View site information https://storage.googleapis.com/support-kms-prod/S76Rs1BC1QDxT8zpF3tATLDsc5oxceWYIPHN.
Click Site settings.
Change the permission setting.

Your changes save automatically.

JRedig
03-22-2024, 07:56 PM
It sounds like some parts get blocked due to your Default Permission setting. You can allow more permissions so the site will use the correct settings instead of the default strict ones.

On your computer, open Chrome.
Go to the site.
To the left of the web address, click View site information https://storage.googleapis.com/support-kms-prod/S76Rs1BC1QDxT8zpF3tATLDsc5oxceWYIPHN.
Click Site settings.
Change the permission setting.

Your changes save automatically.

Unfortunately, that is not the issue here.

Also, it is a forum rule that you must sign your posts with your real name. It is best to add it to your signature. Welcome to nafex!

citabria
03-23-2024, 09:38 AM
Working for me now!!

JRedig
03-26-2024, 10:43 AM
Great!

Button links should be working. Haven’t found anything else yet.

windnfeathers
03-27-2024, 02:21 PM
The only other bugs I've found are When I log in I get an invalid redirect error after I submit my credentials. The other weird thing is when I'm logged in if I click on the Home button at the top I get the login prompt at the top of the page but if I click on the Homepage link in the navigation menu on the left I show as logged in. Neither are a huge deal but worth noting.

Great!

Button links should be working. Haven?t found anything else yet.

Kaz5071
03-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Hello,

This is my first time here after the problem started, after checking once in a while for months, it seems to be working again.

Thank you for your efforts,

SRW

bekean23
04-08-2024, 10:49 PM
Asked it to please work for me.

drift hunters (https://drift-hunters.com/)