PDA

View Full Version : Bad Breeders

roscogruen
01-14-2024, 08:44 PM
Tom Stella, NY - asked for a $500 deposit for an Eurasian Eagle Owl and said it was refundable for whatever reason. He accepted a deposit and when I didn't need it anymore he reneged on returning the deposit. His reply was that it was not refundable but could be used towards the purchase of another bird.

Matt Mitchell, NM - sold me blind tri-hybrid falcon at a large discount late in the summer. he said that it was my problem after I paid for it. the next year he acted as if he wished to correct this wrong doing and gave me another blind falcon. he also sold me an imprinted male Harris hawk. his thought was that once I had paid for it, the bird was my problem.

I get that falconers are not the best people and not to be trusted but having such outright bs in this sport should be stopped.

JRedig
01-15-2024, 12:53 PM
"I get that falconers are not the best people..."

Are you for real? Your over arching coverage of falconers is that they are bad across the board? Really?

It is more likely that the people you have been dealing with are the way they are and happen to be falconers or breeders as well. But there are two sides to every story too.