PDA

View Full Version : noob from Oregon

zero
08-28-2008, 01:54 AM
hey guys

New to nafeX, n falconry(please be patient with me). I have passed my test and my inspection last week. I am 22 years old representing Oregon, Portland area(forest grove for those of u who are in Oregon). My name is sufyan sher.....(Pakistani) lived in USA since i was like 4 or 5.......aways had a interest in birds of prey, falconry for th last 2 years. So this year i finally really got into it......so yeah thats a lil about me :)

Bodarc
08-28-2008, 05:37 AM
(welc) aboard Sufyan. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here.

preacher
08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome and spend some time learning to look around the site, there is a lot of information on it. Enjoy time spent with the birds.

Randy

hawkstir
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
(welc)

everetkhorton
08-28-2008, 02:55 PM
(welc) Sufyan. I hear there is a great bunch of guys and gal out your way. Have fun and post often.

cbdfox
08-29-2008, 12:03 AM
hey Zero

good to have you! are you a member of the OFA yet? (oregon falconers association).

myself and my wife/apprentice are from Eugene OR she goes by "and a girl..." and our other buddy Richard goes by well "Richard f hoyer" he lives in Corvallis. there is also "RobRuger" also an apprentice with a RT he lives closer to you i believe.

I fly a Gos my wife a RT and Richard has a HH.

if we dont see you in oct at the Madras meet we should get together sometime this season. if your up for a saturday drive south we know where to find a few bunnies.

Ev who are you talking about? must not be anyone i Know. ;)

zero
08-29-2008, 12:29 AM
hey Zero

good to have you! are you a member of the OFA yet? (oregon falconers association).

myself and my wife/apprentice are from Eugene OR she goes by "and a girl..." and our other buddy Richard goes by well "Richard f hoyer" he lives in Corvallis. there is also "RobRuger" also an apprentice with a RT he lives closer to you i believe.

I fly a Gos my wife a RT and Richard has a HH.

if we dont see you in oct at the Madras meet we should get together sometime this season. if your up for a saturday drive south we know where to find a few bunnies.

Ev who are you talking about? must not be anyone i Know. ;)

Hello :)
I plan on going to the meet in oct. But i am also up for meeting you guys. I would love to take you guys up on the invite. (And no, i am not a member of OFA....yet)

My sponsor has a new NA Gos too. I got to see it in action yesterday.

cbdfox
08-29-2008, 12:42 AM
who is your sponsor?

i am not that familier with the falconers in the portland area but i might recognise his hame.

is his Gos a bird of the year?

I wont be flying mine until probably late sept as she is still growing tail feathers. same with my wifes RT. but Richard has a passage HH that he is entering right now. she just took her first bunny yesterday I think.

soaro77
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Hello :)
I plan on going to the meet in oct. But i am also up for meeting you guys. I would love to take you guys up on the invite. (And no, i am not a member of OFA....yet)

My sponsor has a new NA Gos too. I got to see it in action yesterday.

Ahhhh you must be my sponsors new apprentice. Is Wayne your sponsor?

Curtis

zero
08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Ahhhh you must be my sponsors new apprentice. Is Wayne your sponsor?

Curtis

HAHAHA

Wow this is funny, yes i am. You live near me, we should meet up sometimes.

Richard F, Hoyer
08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Sufyan,
You also have two other falconers in your area. Dennis Barby is now inactive at present
and lives in Forest Grove. Lorne Mac Lean is active and lives in Hillsboro.

The new juvenile female HH I am working with is actually captive bred and not a passage hawk,---but wish it were. Hope to see you over at the Madras meet in late October.

Richard F. Hoyer (Corvallis, Oregon)

soaro77
08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
HAHAHA

Wow this is funny, yes i am. You live near me, we should meet up sometimes.

Yeah I live in Sherwood. Anna Lewis also lives fairly close to us, she is over on the east side of town. Her and I took our birds down a few months ago and took them out with Richard. Of course both our birds were too heavy so just played spectator to the spooked bunnies :-)

I imagine we will meet up soon. I'm going to Madras so if you are there we will meet for certain. But we may meet before then.

I released my MRT that I had so I'll be going out trapping soon, whenever Wayne has time. How close are you to having a capture permit?

Curtis

zero
08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah I live in Sherwood. Anna Lewis also lives fairly close to us, she is over on the east side of town. Her and I took our birds down a few months ago and took them out with Richard. Of course both our birds were too heavy so just played spectator to the spooked bunnies :-)

I imagine we will meet up soon. I'm going to Madras so if you are there we will meet for certain. But we may meet before then.

I released my MRT that I had so I'll be going out trapping soon, whenever Wayne has time. How close are you to having a capture permit?

Curtis

Sounds good :)

about the permit, i sent in everything.....so maybe a week? or two

soaro77
08-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Sounds good :)

about the permit, i sent in everything.....so maybe a week? or two

If you want to email me privately, my email is soaro77@gmail.com. Feel free to email me anytime you want.

RTJim
08-31-2008, 12:50 AM
(welc)
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/nafex_2007/20080826_006.jpg