PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm.....interesting

jballone
08-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Learn how to make a creance, wrap a perch and other "things" ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQDmYUgBO-w

robruger1
08-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Maybe I'm just be overly judgmental, but I prefer to buy equipment made by somebody who knows something about what its for. I think more time and care might be put into it if it was done by someone who knows what will be done with it and truly understands what it has to stand up to. Just my .02

Zarafia
08-29-2008, 03:04 AM
Keep in mind, the bownet's not finished yet.
Oh dear.

awahl
08-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Wow. I thought that my junior high school girls said "like" a lot. He takes the cake. And to think that he is in charge of the "two month old baby falcon" (to my untrained eye only appears to be about 18 days or so) is scary. Anyone use a creance to fly a bird like that? I know I once had to use a whole sack of gravel to stop a falcon that wanted to leave. I did it just like he describes though; The bird flies off, nearly jerks my arm off, then, luckily, it was attached to a 50 lb sack of gravel. She only carried it for a half mile or so.

FredFogg
08-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Like man, like the dude works for Brad man, like he doesn't even fly a bird dude, like man he probably is just an apprentice and man Brad like has him making equipment dude!

I bet Brad would die if he saw that! LOL

There are hundreds of Chinese folks that make Nike shoes, but that doesn't make them basketball players or runners!

gabboon
08-29-2008, 10:00 AM
There are hundreds of Chinese folks that make Nike shoes, but that doesn't make them basketball players or runners!

clapp

jballone
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I was wondering if I should post post that video or not but I found it too funny so I couldn't resist. My only complaint is that I wish the falcon would have been in a more controlled environment.

Isobael
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Like, hey man, Lanolin is sheep fat?

confusedd

Like, no way. Like...when did they change to like that?

*ugh*

He's still young though. Things can still be beaten into him..and out.

LOL.

Jimmy
08-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Yet another reason I don't buy anything from Northwoods.......

Jimmy
08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Another one.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ngBqJozqcg

raptrlvr
08-29-2008, 05:34 PM
You are defiantly right Andy about the age of the bird. At 60 days that bird would be completely feathered and very near hard penning. I looked through my daily pictures of my peregrine and that bird looks to be about 17 to 18 days old. Sorry gang, but, I couldn't watch all of the video. Once the guy started talking it was "LIKE" over for me.

Isobael
08-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Does Brad know the kid is out there with...whoever...recording then posting his setup, birds and pigeons on YouTube, I wonder...?

Eagle Owl
08-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Does Brad know the kid is out there with...whoever...recording then posting his setup, birds and pigeons on YouTube, I wonder...?

He does now!:D

zero
08-30-2008, 02:35 AM
lol the guy in the vid seems like a stoner

anasari
08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
I think the guy in the video is Brad Woods son,But I could be wrong.

sevristh
08-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Yet another example of why condoms should be mandatory for some people....frus

Eagle Owl
08-31-2008, 05:12 PM
I think the guy in the video is Brad Woods son,But I could be wrong.

That is NOT Brandon Wood!!!

goshawks00
08-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Dave....beeerbrickkrockon

anasari
08-31-2008, 07:29 PM
That is NOT Brandon Wood!!!
Not Trying to get into MR. Wood's personal family business ,so He has one son only?As I listened to the young mans conversation(both of them) it seems he's related to Mr. woods.again I could be Mistaken and if so please forgive me.I have'nt had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Wood or any of his family.

Ken S.
09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
No way he's a relative... my guess is cheap summer labor. Everyone in my family at least knows the basic equipment and that the birds are NOT pets...

I'm embarrassed I watched the whole stupid video :( but I think he mentions coming from Arizona or something?

Eagle Owl
09-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Not Trying to get into MR. Wood's personal family business ,so He has one son only?As I listened to the young mans conversation(both of them) it seems he's related to Mr. woods.again I could be Mistaken and if so please forgive me.I have'nt had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Wood or any of his family.

I just received an e-mail from Brad Wood. The kid in the video was just working there and the videos have now been removed.

Tim Laycock
09-05-2008, 05:34 AM
lol the guy in the vid seems like a stoner

Like....No shit dude :D

anasari
09-06-2008, 01:29 AM
I just received an e-mail from Brad Wood. The kid in the video was just working there and the videos have now been removed.
Brandi , thats cool that you know Mr.Woods well enough to receive a E-mail. not many of us are priviledged as such. I guess my ass u mption was wrong ,I do apologize.

Zarafia
09-06-2008, 01:49 AM
I think the actual situation was that the boy in the video was working for Brad for the summer. The videos were made to show that boy's younger brother what his summer job was.
It was a bit of a misrepresentation that the boy was making all of Northwoods equipment.
Ive bought a ton of stuff from Northwoods and I'm very pleased with everything Ive gotten from them.
Despite my initial chagrin with these videos I will continue to patronise Northwoods without reservation.
But yes, the videos were funny as hell.

sevristh
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
For what they charge, it SHOULD be top quality... :eek: