View Full Version : Uk falconer in Canada

Ashley
10-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Hello

I am currently living in AB, Canada for a year (lethbridge) and i'm trying too get in contact with a few falconers while i'm here too meet up with and hopefully see their birds fly. I am having my glove sent over in the next month so hopefully i'll get too use it when it arrives.

I had birds of my own for over ten years in the uk ,but they had too be sold when i decided too come over here.

hopefully there are a few people around here that will show me how the canadians do it!

Look forward too hearing from you all.

Ash

outhawkn
10-04-2008, 05:52 PM
(welc) There are other UK falconers living in cananda. They are on here too. They'll see your name in a day or two

Grahame
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi Ash,

I am in Calgary, Alberta, but I know of 2 members of the mandatory Alberta Falconry Association that live in or near Lethbridge. I don't know if they are members here, so will contact them and get back to you.

Grahame

Ashley
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Hello

Thanks for the replys,hopefully they'll work out.

speak soon.

Ash

Ashley
10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello

I spoke with the Alberta B.O.P centre last night,a really nice guy,he said that their centre is more of a rehabiliation centre more than a falconry centre.He said there is a field meet coming up with the Alberta Falconry Association near milk river ,he said too try and get in contact with a few people from there. I have sent an email too the A.F.A website ,hopefully it will turn something up.

Grahame,are you going to this field meet?

Thanks

Ash

Falconry Equipment International
10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Ash , not sure if we spoke before, but the president of AFA is a welshman, anyway there is aBi Annual meet here next week see this thread. hth http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2416

Grahame
10-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Hi Ash,

There is a Field Meet this coming weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) in Drumheller. Wasn't aware of any in Milk River, thought that was later in the year.

The person who will reply likely from the AFA website is one of the guys from Lethbridge, so we are already lining up the skittles, so to speak.

Ashley
10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Hello

I recieved an email from Mark Williams telling me about the meet and unfortunatly it is a little too far for me to travel at such short notice but hopefully i'll get in contact with a few falconers in the near future too see them hunting their birds a little closer to home. If not I'll just have too go back to the uk to get my falconry fix!

Thanks for the help guys
Ash

10-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Ash if your talking of the meet in Weyburn, you may be able to get a lift either with Falconers fromCalgary or even from lethbridge. HTH

Ashley
10-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Jay

I'd love to go but I have to look after a dog this weekend.unfortunatly! There is a falconer from lethbridge who has offered to take me out this week with a peregrine on some ducks.

I cant wait.

10-10-2008, 03:11 PM
If its Steve your in for a great treat !

Ashley
10-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Hello Jay

I went out on Monday with a guy from Lethbridge called Udo,a nice guy,and thankyou to Udo for taking me out and seeing his bird.

Unfortunatly his birs was a little low in weight so didnt want to fly but I didnt really care,I appreciated seeing how they do it in another country and also talking to another falconer.

Thanks Udo

And thanks everyone else for helping me find/get in contact with people.

Ash

Grahame
10-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Udo is currently the Treasurer and Secretary of Alberta Falconry Association.

Glad you made contact with him. Steve and Udo were the 2 people I spoke about in my previous email.