View Full Version : Heylo!!

Peregrine At Heart
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Hello, my name is Amanda. Some of you know me from the Internation Falconry Forum. I've heard about NAFEX so I thought I'd come on over and join the club! :) For those of you that do not know me, I reside in Lincoln, Nebraska. I have not yet started up an apprenticeship yet becasue the time just hasn't been right yet. I plan on starting when I get back from my upcoming tour to Iraq (this'll be my third tour). Should be sometime around Feb of '10. Kinda depressing reading about everyone's trials and tributes with their birds when I can't join in the fun, but I try to get out and learn as much as I can so when I do start I'll have alot of knowledge to work off of. I attended the NAFA meet in Alamosa, CO last year ('07), and met alot of nice people who took me out hunting with them and their birds. I am going to attend this year's NAFA meet also...maybe I'll even meet some of you! I also have read alot of falconry books, including the notorious North American Falconry and Hunting hawks...read that one from cover to cover...no joke! Sometimes I have alot of time on my hands. :D Anyway, I hope everyone's season sofar has been good!

Amanda

outhawkn
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Yep, I know you from the IFF. Glad to see you on this side of the pond. Have fun and post often... but beware this is a ruff crew.........toungeout

(welc)(welc):D

And look at you....no need for Ev. to come calling..................LOL

kenbro77
11-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome Amanda! Glad to see you on the forum.

everetkhorton
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Welcome Amanda! Hope to meet you in Amarillo. Alamosa is one of my favorite places. Just a long trip. Have fun and post often.

chamokane
11-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Welcome Amanda.

Stay safe while you're over there. My son will be back from his third tour in a couple of weeks. He'll have his 20 in in 3 years and hopes he can take up falconry then. He has waited a long time. You'll have a bird on your fist before you know it.

Raptorick
11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
cool tat! Thanks for your service and look forward to more posts!(welc)

Saluqi
11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Welcome Amanda! Thanks for doing your job! We're having a NAFEX dinner at the Big Texan in Amarillo on Monday night (24th) at 7pm. You are welcome to join us.

Peregrine At Heart
11-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Welcome Amanda! Thanks for doing your job! We're having a NAFEX dinner at the Big Texan in Amarillo on Monday night (24th) at 7pm. You are welcome to join us.

I'll try and make it. I'm planning on leaving from here bright and early on the 22nd. It's about a ten hour drive depending on how much I speed. :)
Thanks the welcomes!! :)

ukroper
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
(welc)
Damn,..:eek:there goes the'hood toungeouttoungeout!!!!....

kenbro77
11-04-2008, 02:35 PM
I'll try and make it. I'm planning on leaving from here bright and early on the 22nd. It's about a ten hour drive depending on how much I speed. :)
Thanks the welcomes!! :)

Cool, hope to see you there. I will be in one of the RV's in the parking lot. Come by and say hello, that goes for every on too. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you there. I probably won't get there till Tuesday night or Wednesday morning though.