View Full Version : New From New Mexico

atcfalconry
11-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Hello All
Names Mike and have had only a few hawking seasons under my belt but I am Fully caught in this sport. Flying a THH in the New Mexico shrubs this year and having a blast. Thanks for letting me know about this site Jim its Great.

raptrlvr
11-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Mike is in the Albuquerque area and was nice enough to take me to a couple of his hawking fields this last rabbit meet so my Harris Hawk could catch a jack. Mikes tiercel HH caught 2 {cottontails}of the 6 rabbits that were caught. Here's a picture of one of the cottontails he caught.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z74/raptrlvr/DSC_0094A.jpg

Bryant Tarr
11-30-2008, 11:37 AM
(welc) Glad to have you here! Looking forward to your hunting stories.

atcfalconry
11-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks Guys

Jim this is a really informative site and I still have not checked it all out yet. The stories will probably start coming after I stop hawking though. Way to much fun living them than posting em. I will share in time since its awsome reading some of your all's postsrtsqrl

KidK
11-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi Mike!

Welcome to NAFEX! (welc)

Looking forward to reading of your hawking adventures!

Best Regards,

chamokane
11-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Welcome, Mike.

Chris L.
11-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey Mike,
Had a great time Friday on the mini meet in NM. It was great to meet you while I was out there. Sorry I didn't get to see your harris hammer some bunnies, I hear he is deadly.

Welcome to NAFEX it is great to see more good people on here...

Mike,
let me know if you need anything

(Hey Jim can you email me that pictuire you took of me Stef and Tavo)

raptrlvr
11-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Chris, I tried to send the pictures on the link that you gave me, but, they were returned undeliverable. do you have another address to send them to?

atcfalconry
12-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Was great to have met you also Chris, Hope that you and Steph had a blast on the tram. Next time stop by and enjoy the Kegarator I had Full Sail on Tap.

Chris L.
12-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Next time stop by and enjoy the Kegarator I had Full Sail on Tap.

Mike you should have mentioned that frus

atcfalconry
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey Chris I had mentioned it to Paul in Amarillo but he said you guys wanted to be on the Tram By Noon. Thats ok cause next time you are out we will be sure to tap into it.

Saluqi
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard! Lots of good folks and info to be found here.

atcfalconry
12-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey Paul

Let me know when you start flying your birds in town so we can finally have a few brews on my side of town.

Jimmy
12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey Mike.
You, me, and Sharon flew together in Texas. Good to see you here.

Jimmy

raptrlvr
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey Paul, I still have the hood you let me use last Friday. when you get mine done, I'll send this one back in the same box.

atcfalconry
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey Mike.
You, me, and Sharon flew together in Texas. Good to see you here.

Jimmy

Jimmy

Glad you are on the board had a blast flying with you and your FHH. Thanks for putting me on that water park field where I finally nailed a ct with Siing that windy tuesday.

Wed On my way back home I stopped at that Soncy Field, Siing got 4 cts and 2 assists with sharon's bird. It made my Ammarillo meet.

Most memorable moments were flying our birds in cast though. I was not sure if my guy would behave in cast.

Check out www.redtail.8m.com (http://www.redtail.8m.comrtsqrl)
rtsqrl (http://www.redtail.8m.comrtsqrl/)
Best wishes

Mike