PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the GLFA Meet?

Ross.Spafford
12-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Anyone going to the GLFA Meet?

Gyrcel
01-08-2009, 01:11 AM
I have been told by Craig Hendee that you have to be a member to attend any GLFA events.

KidK
01-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi Ross,

I spoke with Craig Hendee on the phone tonight. You can come to the meet, pay the $25.00 for an individual membership (if you are not already a member) and attend the meet. A family membership is $30.00. Most meets have a registration fee (as does the Michigan Hawking Club). With the GLFA meet, your registration fee for the meet is also your membership in the club.

With your GLFA membership, you can attend any of the other meets or events (Summer Picnic, Game Dinner, Kankakee meet) along with getting the "Gauntlet" news letter.

As Mike mentioned, you do have to be a member to attend the meet, but you can join at the meet. Craig wanted to be sure that people knew that EVERYONE is welcome.

I have hawked in Illinois many times (as well as many other Michigan falconers) and have found the GLFA members to be very accommodating and friendly. I have always had a great time hawking there.

Craig said that the rabbit population is very good this year, better than normal.. I have personally had days there with 50 slips.. so if it is better than that, it will be spectular!

Ross, Craig also mentioned that you were coming up from AL and he was looking forward to meeting you. You will have a great time!:D

everetkhorton
01-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Ross,

I spoke with Craig Hendee on the phone tonight. You can come to the meet, pay the $25.00 for an individual membership (if you are not already a member) and attend the meet. A family membership is $30.00. Most meets have a registration fee (as does the Michigan Hawking Club). With the GLFA meet, your registration fee for the meet is also your membership in the club.

With your GLFA membership, you can attend any of the other meets or events (Summer Picnic, Game Dinner, Kankakee meet) along with getting the "Gauntlet" news letter.

As Mike mentioned, you do have to be a member to attend the meet, but you can join at the meet. Craig wanted to be sure that people knew that EVERYONE is welcome.

I have hawked in Illinois many times (as well as many other Michigan falconers) and have found the GLFA members to be very accommodating and friendly. I have always had a great time hawking there.

Craig said that the rabbit population is very good this year, better than normal.. I have personally had days there with 50 slips.. so if it is better than that, it will be spectular!

Ross, Craig also mentioned that you were coming up from AL and he was looking forward to meeting you. You will have a great time!:D

Kory:
Interesting concept for membership. One way to boost membership. I had heard of this but never checked into it.

Ross.Spafford
01-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes, me and 2 other guys from down this way are headed up there. We'll see how it goes. My bird has never caught a rabbit (other than a baggie). But he's getting pretty good with squirrels.

Gyrcel
01-10-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm stuck here in a snow storm in Iowa. I'm heading to Nebraska for 4 or 5 days, then down to the Texas meet. I think I will go over to Frank Bonds in New Mexico, and then Oklahoma and back up to Nebraska before heading home for the breeding season.

everetkhorton
01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Mike:
Sounds like the weather has a few people stuck for a while. How is the hunting? When you get home how about going to the CP and add your name to your post. Let us know when you get moving again.

Eragon
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I'll be there. Already got my room booked for Saturday night. Bloomington is rabbits galore! We have lots of rabbits here (North of Bloomington) but nothing compared to the meet. You will definately have a blast. All the GLFA guys are pretty cool.

Be prepared for the cold! Looks like it's supposed to be around 20 that weekend.

Looking forward to meeting all you out of state guys!

Ross.Spafford
01-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, it should be lots of fun. I'm leaving thursday after work and heading up that way. It'll be a long drive, but who can sleep when there are small furry things that need to be caught. We'll probably try to meet up with some people and get as much hawking in as possible on Friday. I'm very excited.

Ross.Spafford
01-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, crap. Both of the guys going with me just called and canceled. Guess i'll go to the Georgia meet instead.

Gyrcel
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Well, crap. Both of the guys going with me just called and canceled. Guess i'll go to the Georgia meet instead.
I think you will have more fun down there...
I'm at the Texas meet now but let me know how it goes.
I'm thinking about doing the east side next year.
I will set it up with the clubs and do some Track Pack install classes.
Have the Georgia Club call me or send an email.
Michael Garcia

Eragon
01-16-2009, 12:39 PM

That's too bad. You wouldn't enjoy the weather here today. -28 degrees. This weekend would have been much nicer for rabbit hawking though ( between 20-30 degrees).

Ross.Spafford
01-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Michael, I will pass the offer along. I'm sure they would be glad to have you.

Best to luck on everyone with the bunny hawking. I'll make sure to get my share of the squirrels down this way.