PDA

View Full Version : California Hawker

Jeff W
04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Thought I'd introduce myself since I've just joined. My name is Jeff Wardwell I am a General falconer from California. I should be a Master next year, that is if the state gets the paperwork right. Anyway, I am a fulltime carver specializing in birds of prey. I own and operate Sierra Creek Studios in Oakhurst,CA. I currently have a Anatum Peregrine female named Layla. I am currently looking for a Harris Hawk to get back to what I love most "Dirthawking". I'm hoping to learn more about falconry from you guys we can never learn to much about anything.

www.sierracreekstudios.com

`Chris L.
04-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Jeff,
Welcom to NAFEX. Thank you for introducing yourself. If you have a favorite picture that you woyuldlike as your avatar, send it to me and i will make you one.. just let me know.

I was just looking at your art work and i have to say the art looks great. You have a real talent. the detail is amazing..

How was your season with your pereg? Have you found a breeder for your new harris.. we have several on here that breed harris hawks.

I hope you enjoy the forums and please dont hesitate to contribute.

kimmerar
04-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome Jeff. Do you have carvings of an american kestrel. Would love to have one.

This is a great place and everyone is very helpful.

Jeff W
04-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I actually have two studios from which I work. One is in Oakhurst,CA 10 miles from Yosemite in summer and the other in Wildomar,CA (SO. CA) in winter. The hunting was pretty good this year mostly ducks we scored about 30 this year that's hunting every other day. If I don't get a HH this summer I think I'll trap a RT. Boy, Ilove trapping!! I think it's a art form of it's own.

`Chris L.
04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I'll trap a RT. Boy, Ilove trapping!! I think it's a art form of it's own.

Jeff,I agree 100%... I really enjoy trapping