View Full Version : My new Video

redtailflyer
01-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I decided to compile a short video of my season with Dusty so far...even though we haven't even gone hunting yet, it was fun. Hope you like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcFs7AG0i4

atcfalconry
01-13-2009, 12:15 AM
good job keep working with it and be in no hurry looks like things are coming along fine. let us know when you get your first kill

Goshawk65
01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Cool video...rockon

FredFogg
01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Nice video, but get out there hunting, the bird is ready! clappclappclapp

everetkhorton
01-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Good luck on your first hunt. Go get'em

redtailflyer
01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks guys! Im going to get her out hunting very soon. I talked to my sponsor about it a while ago and we decided that she needs to kill a bagged rabbit first...because she is a VERY stubborn bird and Im pretty sure that if she chases a wild rabbit and misses she will probably just give up and start looking for mice (which i dont want :D)...so once that happens she will be out and hunting a lot!!!!

FredFogg
01-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks guys! Im going to get her out hunting very soon. I talked to my sponsor about it a while ago and we decided that she needs to kill a bagged rabbit first...because she is a VERY stubborn bird and Im pretty sure that if she chases a wild rabbit and misses she will probably just give up and start looking for mice (which i dont want :D)...so once that happens she will be out and hunting a lot!!!!

Thurman, but all means, do exactly what your sponser says! But I have never seen a passage red-tail that wouldn't chase a flushed bunny, if at the right weight. I don't think you need a baggie, but that is just my opinion. I say, get out there hunting! Too many folks hold their birds back, especially passage birds. They know what to do, if you have their weight right, they will do it. Good luck!

sharptail
01-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Thurman, but all means, do exactly what your sponser says! But I have never seen a passage red-tail that wouldn't chase a flushed bunny, if at the right weight. I don't think you need a baggie, but that is just my opinion. I say, get out there hunting! Too many folks hold their birds back, especially passage birds. They know what to do, if you have their weight right, they will do it. Good luck!

This is good advice! A local apprentice was still training his tweener prt when she caught her first head, a white tailed jack, last we talked he has taken 5 more cottontails.