PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Ross
04-14-2007, 09:31 PM
I just joined this forum I've been flying birds about 20 years.Redtails, Gos', peregrines, merlins, a harris, a gyr/prairie, and currently have a nice peales peregrine.

everetkhorton
04-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Ross: Welcome to the site! Always nice to have a person with a lot of air time. Of all the bird you have flown, which spec. do you like the best. I am just an Rt. man myself. Just fits my life style and game spec. mainly sqr. Nice friendly group, all ages and interest. Chris will help you put a picture in the avator if you would like, there is also a place in the profile that will sign your post auto. Have fun and post anytime.

kimmerar
04-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi Ross

Hello and welcome. Great site. I would also like to hear what your favorite bird to fly. What was your least favorite? Any of them you would never fly again?

Happy Hawking

Ross
04-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I can honestly say I love them all. I hope to fly a mix of longwings,accipiters and redtails for as long as I can. Each has its own place, the key is to fly quarry you can provide slips on regularily in situations where your bird can be successful. I flew the prairie 10 seasons I guess she was my favorite but I say that feeling as if I may be slighting other birds who were great I just wasn't fortunate enough to have them as long, 10 seasons is a good chunk of my life and was fortunate to have a team of 2 german shorthairs and the praire working well togethor that whole time.

`Chris L.
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Ross,
Welcome to the forums. Thank you for saying hello and introducing youself. How is the game out in Iowa? What do you mainly fly on?

If you have a picture yhat you would like as an avatar, email it to me and I will make you one.

Looking foward to your posts . We all love pctures, So if you want to show off your birds and dog team please post away...

again, welcome

Ross
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Iowa is overall a very good pheasant state and I live in what is the best part of the state for pheasant most years, they are my main quarry now. cottontail numbers are better in otherparts of Iowa but really pretty good here too [less than 5 flushes per hour is a poor day] . I also fly ducks after our larger water areas freeze up and have a handful of hotspots. partridge and wtjacks are occaisional finds. I have hawked pheasnts and rabbits within easy walking distance of both my home and work, all in alll a great place to be for a falconer. I'll send some pics when I get some technological assistance from my son.
Ross