PDA

View Full Version : New on here

barbaryboy
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
hi im new on here but not that new to falconry? im having a very dissapointing breeding season so far and wondered how everyone else was doing?

wesleyc6
05-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Barbaryboy,
Look near the bottom of the main page and you will see a section on breeding.

Also, if you would sign your name to your posts.

Glad to have you here and we hope you enjoy and share a lot!!!!!

Jimmy
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Hello BB. I know you from the IFF. What's up mate?

Lee Slikkers
05-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Welcome, good to see you here, I recognise you from the IFF as well. Sorry to hear your bredding season has been less than wonderful...what are you attempting to breed this year?

Lee

barbaryboy
05-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Welcome, good to see you here, I recognise you from the IFF as well. Sorry to hear your bredding season has been less than wonderful...what are you attempting to breed this year?

Lee i have 5 of my six pairs of barbaries laying this year, 19 eggs in the 1st clutches, only two chicks to show for it though? 3 fertile (one damaged on collection) the rest infertile? 3 barbary X peregrine chicks from a clutch of 4, 3 fertile all hatched! then ive got a few harrisses but im getting rid of all 4 prs after this breeding season, i really need the room for my red shaheens and scottish peregrines? i allso have 3 fertile gyr eggs out of a clutch of 4 and 4 fertile gyr/sakers out of a clutch of 5. so its not all doom and gloom but as allways i should have done a lot better? but then theres allways 2nd clutches?

barbaryboy
05-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Lee i have 5 of my six pairs of barbaries laying this year, 19 eggs in the 1st clutches, only two chicks to show for it though? 3 fertile (one damaged on collection) the rest infertile? 3 barbary X peregrine chicks from a clutch of 4, 3 fertile all hatched! then ive got a few harrisses but im getting rid of all 4 prs after this breeding season, i really need the room for my red shaheens and scottish peregrines? i allso have 3 fertile gyr eggs out of a clutch of 4 and 4 fertile gyr/sakers out of a clutch of 5. so its not all doom and gloom but as allways i should have done a lot better? but then theres allways 2nd clutches?i have bred lanners for 23yrs but lost my last breeding male earlier this year aged 23? a good age!

Lee Slikkers
05-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Excellent stuff, I am envious of the relaxed breeding permitting (if there are even any required) and the variety of bird species you guys have access too over there...

I have high hopes and dreams of starting a breeding project as well but I need to get a few otherthings in line and taken care of before I bite that project off.

Pics of your birds and your breeding chambers would be fabulous if you had any to share...

Regards,