PDA

View Full Version : PVC Giant Hoods

Chris L.
04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
After much thought and many requests, I have decided to offer the PVC hoods I make for sale.

I made my first PVC hood about 4 years ago and have been tweaking the design until I think I have found what is close to perfect. I have had a few of my close friends test out the newest design and it has passed with flying colors with them. These GH's are very rugged and can take a beating. In fact, I still use the original one I made from 4 years ago. It is still going strong and looks great.

The Giant hoods are made out of marine grade expanded PVC that has been impregnated with UV protectant. This helps them to last many seasons over and can withstand the elements. The expanded PVC allows the box to have great structural integrity and not compromise the weight. These Boxes are very light.

Also, unlike wood GH, The PVC is not porous and nothing in the box is organic. Both of these qualities help detour mold, mildew, fungus, or spores from growing.

They are very easy to clean. You can spray your favorite disinfectant in them and then just hose it out. You dont have to worry about anything warping or rotting. As I stated before, nothing is organic.

These Giant hoods are also Airline approved. I have tested this myself and flew my harris hawk in one of them to NAFA last year. Dropped her off at the cargo and picked her up there. Not sure how many coroplast hoods can say that?

Here is what you get:

- 22 1/4 x 23 x 12 Marine Grade PVC Giant hood (impregnated with UV protectant)
- Bare PVC Perch ( you supply the perching material)
- Door with Lock and Key
- Carry Handle
- Vented panels

Option:
- Custom Screen print- done by Ben Gibson ( NAFEX id -Bgibson)
-Up to 2 logos or designs( see pictures below for examples of the screen print)

*(With the Screen print option, the " Caution Live bird of prey" and your name address and phone number are standard)*

I am No longer selling or making these... this thread is kept up for reference purposes

Please see the pictures below for examples of some of the hoods I have made. I will take pictures of all the hoods that are ordered and sent out.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0979.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0983.jpg

Keyhole print

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0982.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0984.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_0985.jpg

Gotta love Hawking trips!!!:D

http://www.nafex.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=405&stc=1&d=1237429136

Chris L.
04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Here are 2 of the first that I have sent out. I made them for a forum member

Glad they made it safe Ross

please enjoy them!!

here is what he ordered

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/ross.jpg

for those of you have also ordered.. they are being made. Will be sending more out at the end of the week

Ross.Spafford
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Just got my boxes yesterday and they're great. They look even better in person than they do in the pictures. I plan to use them pretty heavily, so I'll post in the future about durability and such. I'll be carting my male Harris to work in this each morning. We'll have to see how resistant the boxes are to crow blood stains. I'm very happy with them so far and would recommend them to anyone who wants a good quality giant hood. It's super light weight compared to my old one made of plywood.

Chris L.
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Just got my boxes yesterday and they're great. They look even better in person than they do in the pictures. I plan to use them pretty heavily, so I'll post in the future about durability and such. I'll be carting my male Harris to work in this each morning. We'll have to see how resistant the boxes are to crow blood stains. I'm very happy with them so far and would recommend them to anyone who wants a good quality giant hood. It's super light weight compared to my old one made of plywood.

Ross,

thank you for the compliments and the post. Please keep me posted on how it works out for you.

Did you get those decals I put inside?.. figured you needed to break them in :D

Rage
04-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Cant wait to get mine! So far I feel confident the size will accomidate a goshawk tail and cant wait to see how the bird likes it!

tyler1998
04-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Chris, are the hoods totally dark when the door is closed?

FredFogg
04-22-2009, 06:00 AM

I don't think he can fit inside to see! :eek:toungeout:D

GONEHAWKN
04-22-2009, 06:10 AM
they look great. the only thing that concerns me is the rivets pointing down at the top of the box. when i built my GH i used a handle from a kitchen cabinet and ran the mounting screws up threw the top of the box and into the handle. the only thing showing then is the round smooth head of the screw. other than that, good looking boxes!!clapp

Chris L.
04-22-2009, 06:52 AM

Tyler,

Some light may bleed through the vents at the bottom. If it does is is very little and it is on the floor not at the birds eye level. I designed this so there will get plenty of fresh air in the belly of an airplane or on a long road trip.. I have done both of these with this style hood. 14 hour road trip to Indianan, and cross country ride in an airplane from South Carolina to New Mexico and back. Everyone one of my birds survived and didn't have any feather damage. In fact the Indianan trip, 8 birds went on that to include Gos hawk, Rt's, harris's, and an applomado all road in my giant hoods and all survived it with zero damage to them. I would rather have a slight bit of light bleed through than compromise the air circulation.

hope this helps answer your question... If I could just fit inside.. Fred, you up for a try :D

Cant wait to get mine! So far I feel confident the size will accomidate a goshawk tail and cant wait to see how the bird likes it!

Chuck,
Almost done my friend.. hope to get it out by this weekend

they look great. the only thing that concerns me is the rivets pointing down at the top of the box. when i built my GH i used a handle from a kitchen cabinet and ran the mounting screws up threw the top of the box and into the handle. the only thing showing then is the round smooth head of the screw. other than that, good looking boxes!!clapp

Bill,

Thank you for the compliments.

About the rivets, the hoods don't allow for a lot vertical travel. The dimensions of the hood and the position of the perch are such that it really holds the bird in and they cant move like in more traditional GH. In the 4 years that I, and many fellow falconers that have used them, have not had any problems and we all have had a wide variety of birds in them. Also, it is a round rivet. It is smooth not pointed like a screw.

That photo is deceiving and it makes it look like the rivets are right above the bird and long. They are not like that.

I will look into a blind rivet and see what I may be able to come up with.

thanks for the feed back and suggestion.

FredFogg
04-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Chris, you know I am way too fat to fit in there! LOL. Suggestion: turn on a video camera and set it all the way in the back on the floor and shut the door. Shine a flashlight at the vents and see what kind of light gets through.

kitana
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Chris, when you figure out how to ship them to Canada, I will take one. Very nice design!

Lee Slikkers
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM
They look excellent Chris, the one I got from you 3 seasons ago is still going strong (I even duplicated it and now have a matching pair.

I only wish I had the silk screen work on the doors like you have offered here. Can I send mu doors down to Ben Gibson and have them "re-hooched" with the custom stuff???

Chris L.
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Chris, when you figure out how to ship them to Canada, I will take one. Very nice design!

Audrey,
Pm me your address I will be taking some to the Post office and I will see what it will cost to ship.. We may be able to make it work.. Just cant ship it across the big pond to the UK

lets see what the shipping is... cant hurt

Chris L.
04-22-2009, 12:39 PM
They look excellent Chris, the one I got from you 3 seasons ago is still going strong (I even duplicated it and now have a matching pair.

I only wish I had the silk screen work on the doors like you have offered here. Can I send mu doors down to Ben Gibson and have them "re-hooched" with the custom stuff???

Lee,
I had forgotten I sent you a hood.... I have improved some of the design since then but for the most part it is the same. Just a few minor tweaks here and there.

I am happy to know it is still going strong clapp.. Thank you for posting that. It is good to know

I do the doors a little different now, but I am sure Ben can make it work.. Just have to take them off the hinges and pack them up.

Ben, any thoughts???

thanks again for the feedback, i appreciate it..

waterbug
04-22-2009, 01:10 PM
If I had an extra $200+ dollars lying around, I'd order one. They look great.
Would there be an extra charge for putting the hinges on the other side of the door?

Chris L.
04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
If I had an extra $200+ dollars lying around, I'd order one. They look great.
Would there be an extra charge for putting the hinges on the other side of the door?

Aurelia,

No no extra charge. It's very easy to do

I know money can be tight especially now. Take your time, I'm not going anywhere. Just let me know when your ready.

bgibson
04-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Lee,
I had forgotten I sent you a hood.... I have improved some of the design since then but for the most part it is the same. Just a few minor tweaks here and there.

I am happy to know it is still going strong clapp.. Thank you for posting that. It is good to know

I do the doors a little different now, but I am sure Ben can make it work.. Just have to take them off the hinges and pack them up.

Ben, any thoughts???

thanks again for the feedback, i appreciate it..

just take off the hinges and the lock and it will be like printing a new one

tyler1998
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Tyler,

Some light may bleed through the vents at the bottom. If it does is is very little and it is on the floor not at the birds eye level. I designed this so there will get plenty of fresh air in the belly of an airplane or on a long road trip.. I have done both of these with this style hood. 14 hour road trip to Indianan, and cross country ride in an airplane from South Carolina to New Mexico and back. Everyone one of my birds survived and didn't have any feather damage. In fact the Indianan trip, 8 birds went on that to include Gos hawk, Rt's, harris's, and an applomado all road in my giant hoods and all survived it with zero damage to them. I would rather have a slight bit of light bleed through than compromise the air circulation.

hope this helps answer your question... If I could just fit inside.. Fred, you up for a try :D

Chris,

Sorry, I don't fit inside either. Instead I just put a flashlight in the hood and go in a dark room with it. If the light can get out, then it can get in!

I agree, circulation is more important than being light proof. When you shipped those birds, did they have hoods on? Also, were they attached to leashes? I'm just wondering because I had a kestrel damage some tail feathers last season in the GH I made and I'm trying to see what I should do different.

Thanks for your help.

Chris L.
04-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Chris,

I agree, circulation is more important than being light proof. When you shipped those birds, did they have hoods on? Also, were they attached to leashes? I'm just wondering because I had a kestrel damage some tail feathers last season in the GH I made and I'm trying to see what I should do different.

Thanks for your help.

Jason,

The bird I shipped to New Mexico for the NAFA meet was unhooded and un leashed, Kept jeeses on to make it easier to secure her when I wanted to get her out

On the Indianan road trip, none of us hooded our birds while they rode in the GH's nor do I think anyone used a leash.

I do keep the leash on my birds when I am in town and in the GH. But I have never hooded any birds while in my Gh's.

hope this helps

Chris

Chris L.
04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Another NAFEX member ordered 3 PVC hoods from me and they came out great. Nice art work from Cliff and Ben did a great job printing them

I will get these packed up tomorrow and you should have them by Monday Cliff.. I hope you enjoy them.

I will let the picture do the rest of the talking!!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/cliff.jpg

I know the middle one is missing a lock, I ran out frus.

FredFogg
04-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Chris, I remember, I think it was Ben, mentioning that maybe you all should move the decal below the lock to above it so those that leave the key in the lock, it won't wear out the decal below the lock. Did you all decide against that or just forget about it. I think you said you don't leave the key in yours, so it didn't make a difference, but I can imagine a lot of folks leaving the key in. Just wondering?

Chris L.
04-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Fred,

no we decided to leave it.

it comes with 2 keys. The right thing to do is take one off and set it somewhere for when you lose the other :D, that way it cant dangle and you haven't lost both sets of keys. .. I just have one key in mine with a day glo paracord as my key chain.

tyler1998
04-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Jason,

The bird I shipped to New Mexico for the NAFA meet was unhooded and un leashed, Kept jeeses on to make it easier to secure her when I wanted to get her out

On the Indianan road trip, none of us hooded our birds while they rode in the GH's nor do I think anyone used a leash.

I do keep the leash on my birds when I am in town and in the GH. But I have never hooded any birds while in my Gh's.

hope this helps

Chris

It does. Thanks.

Lee Slikkers
04-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Another NAFEX member ordered 3 PVC hoods from me and they came out great. Nice art work from Cliff and Ben did a great job printing them

I will get these packed up tomorrow and you should have them by Monday Cliff.. I hope you enjoy them.

So all these silk screen & design work it not a NAFEX thing? They are desdign & provided by the individuals purchasing the GH's?

All these designs rock...just trying to figure out where a mostly uncreative guy can go to get stuff like this.

bgibson
04-24-2009, 08:48 AM

three pretty maids...all in a row:D

cliffw
04-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Chris,

The only thing I can say is wow they are smokin’. Holly sh** they look awesome. You Da mann.

Chris,

The only thing I can say is wow they are smokin’. Holly sh** they look awesome. You Da mann.

Chris L.
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Cliff,

Your hoods are on the way. Should have them soon.

Chuck,

your hood is on the way as well!

Hope you guys enjoy them!! Please keep me posted on how they work out for you.

Chris L.
04-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Audrey,

I got a quote to send to Canada when I shipped the ones above

To get there 6-10 days it is 43.50.. So with shipping supplies and insurance I am sure it will be around 46- 47.00. I will have to check with UPS they may be cheaper.

cliffw
04-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Chris,

I feel like a kid at Christmas. The postman will be my Santa. So that must make you the elf that makes all the toys.:D

BTW I hope you are not short if so sorry.. toungeout

Dirthawking
04-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Chris,

I feel like a kid at Christmas. The postman will be my Santa. So that must make you the elf that makes all the toys.:D

PMSL!!!!!clapp

Rage
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait to see it!

FredFogg
04-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Chris,

5' 2" toungeout:D

Chris L.
04-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Chris,

Yeah around 5'3" on a good day :D

I hope you like them as much as I did.. it was hard for me to box those 3 up frus... Was not happy to see them go.

Chris L.
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait to see it!

Chuck, please let me know when it arrives. I had to send it regular mail as 2 day priority was a killer for your area code

kitana
04-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks Chris, I'll PM you. Please don't waste your time with UPS, they are much cheaper but always manage to double the price of the item I purchase with broker fees!

cliffw
04-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Chris,

Got the GH’s today. Let me say the packing job was top notch. They are sweet. Kudos to Chris and Ben for the craftsmanship and artwork looks out of this world.

Thanks Chris and Ben

Chris L.
04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Chris,

Got the GH’s today. Let me say the packing job was top notch. They are sweet. Kudos to Chris and Ben for the craftsmanship and artwork looks out of this world.

Thanks Chris and Ben

Cliff,

So good to hear they made it in one piece. It is always a crap shoot once they leave.

Please keep in touch about how well you like them.

Did you get the decals? Break them in or your car :D

thank you for your order

Chris

cliffw
04-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Chris,

I did get the decals and that was what I had in mind..:D

Rage
04-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Chris, what day did you send mine? and did you send them on the same day as cliff, this way we can figure out for future orders about how long it will take to ship.

Chris L.
04-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Chris, what day did you send mine? and did you send them on the same day as cliff, this way we can figure out for future orders about how long it will take to ship.

Chuck,

I sent yours the same day, but I had to send it parcel post instead of priority mail. Priority was a lot more to get it to your zip code.

I put insurance on yours as well

keep me posted on when it arrives

kitana
05-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Chris, would it be complicated to add a panel or something underneath the perch? My bird loves to go under and over the perch in his GH, and in mine I blocked the way with wood.

wingnut
05-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Looks like you have plenty of interest in marketing you GHs so maybe you won't mind if I ask a few questions about making my own.
Where do you get the material?
What do you use to cut it with?
I used to own & operate a cabinet shop before I started teaching so I have a complete woodworking shop. I have some custom made PVC reptile cages and it appears to me that they could be made with basically the same equipment. I figured it might take a different blade type then used on wood. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have no intentions of making any more than I need for myself.
Thanks.

Chris L.
05-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Doug,

I don't mind.

The material is marine grade expanded PVC. Look on the Internet for a source. I have the polymer plant down the road. So I get custom sheets from them. I also have them do all my cuts on a laser CAD saw. I tried on a table saw but the cuts were not square enough for the chemical weld to set up correctly. I am sure it can be done on a table saw but I wanted a perfect cut and fit. A CAD saw is hard to beat.

Good luck with them.

Chris

Chris L.
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Chris, would it be complicated to add a panel or something underneath the perch? My bird loves to go under and over the perch in his GH, and in mine I blocked the way with wood.

Audrey

I can just make a partitioncome down. Very simple fix. It won't be storage but it will block the bird

Did you get bens pm about the gos on the glove?

tyler1998
05-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Doug,
I tried on a table saw but the cuts were not square enough for the chemical weld to set up correctly.

I've been thinking about trying to make one of your GH's (I also wouldn't sell them) since I have access to a CNC at work. Do you use THF for your chemical welds? I know it's a better bond than any glue, but how volitile or dangerous is it to be around for someone inexperienced like me?

wingnut
05-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Doug,

I don't mind.

The material is marine grade expanded PVC. Look on the Internet for a source. I have the polymer plant down the road. So I get custom sheets from them. I also have them do all my cuts on a laser CAD saw. I tried on a table saw but the cuts were not square enough for the chemical weld to set up correctly. I am sure it can be done on a table saw but I wanted a perfect cut and fit. A CAD saw is hard to beat.

Good luck with them.

Chris

Chris,
Thanks, I'll look around and see what I can find. The reptile cages I have are built much like a cabinet with grooves and dadoes and then assembled with countersunk screws so I figured I could do that with my table saw. They came out of Des Moines where I travel to several time a year so maybe there is a source of sheet goods there.

tyler1998
05-02-2009, 02:30 PM
The reptile cages I have are built much like a cabinet with grooves and dadoes and then assembled with countersunk screws

Doug, are those screws put directly into the pvc or do they have metal thread inserts glued in for the female threads? Just wondering how strong pvc threads would be.

kitana
05-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Audrey

I can just make a partitioncome down. Very simple fix. It won't be storage but it will block the bird

Did you get bens pm about the gos on the glove?

I did get the PM and a gos on a glove would be perfect, when I see the image I will confirm with you if its what I want.

A partition would be excellent, as you say it will block the bird.

Great! :)

NMHighPlains
05-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I thought "$200 ?? That's a little high". Then I saw the pictures! Wow. Those are SHARP. I bet they're well worth the $$$.

They look like little gun safes.

wingnut
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Doug, are those screws put directly into the pvc or do they have metal thread inserts glued in for the female threads? Just wondering how strong pvc threads would be.
Jason, now that you mention it, they are screwed directly into the pvc. Everything came cut and grooved with the screw holes drilled and counter sunk. The receiving side (female) was just drilled out slighty smaller than the multipurpose screw that was provided. They seem very substantial but then they aren't meant to be loaded and unloaded and moved about after assembly. Glad you mentioned that, I would not have considered it to be a problem. I'll look into the metal thread inserts you refer to.
Thanks.

Rage
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Got my Giant Hood Today! Woo Hoo!

All I can say is that the product is top notch and is very light. I put it on my scale and it just hits 11 pounds. The new way Chris has done the handle on top is top notch as well. What Can I say besides WOW! Now to get the second one ordered so I have the set!. lol

Chris you have an EMAIL.

Larry
05-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Got my Hood today. All I can say is I couldn't ask for a better product. Really looks great!!

Thanks Chris

Chris L.
05-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Got my Hood today. All I can say is I couldn't ask for a better product. Really looks great!!

Thanks Chris

Larry,
Glad it made it safely. Yours has been the farthest so far and I think the priority shipping is a must. I am going to request all of these be shipped that way. I know its more but worth it when the hood arrive fast and undamaged. Less time on the truck the less chance it has to getting destroyed

thank you for the kind words I appreciate it!

Chris

kitana
05-18-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm jealous! Please keep me updated when you start working on mine! :)

Chris L.
05-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Audrey,
yours is close to being done,

have you decided on a screen print?

Hey Ben can you post that drawing you did?

kitana
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Great! Just keep me posted when it is time for me to hand out payment!

For the screen print, I would like to see what Ben found before deciding... :)

Lee Slikkers
05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
For the screen print, I would like to see what Ben found before deciding... :)

Any way Ben can post up a few samples of his work or maybe some generic options available to some of us?

I know I'd love to have someone help me work up a custom one for my breeding project.

Chris L.
05-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Any way Ben can post up a few samples of his work or maybe some generic options available to some of us?

I know I'd love to have someone help me work up a custom one for my breeding project.

Lee,

Ben has some stuff on file that he is going to post. You can also use anything you see in this thread.

Except for the skulls logo.

Lee Slikkers
05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Lee,

Ben has some stuff on file that he is going to post. You can also use anything you see in this thread.

Except for the skulls logo.

sure, keep the cool stuff ;)

I'll look forward to Ben putting up some other stuff too. I need to get creative (not my strong suit) and try to come up with a logo or such that is original and works well with the new name...

Chris L.
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
I am with you.. I can build and fabricate but i can not do art work...

Ben will take care of you for sure.. he is damn good at it

Ross.Spafford
05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm curious. What is the histroy behind the skulls logo?

bgibson
05-28-2009, 09:30 AM
here are some bird drawings and a mock up as some of you were inquiring about some graphics to print on the doors. i'll post a HH this afternoon.http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture4-3.png

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture6-2.png

Lee Slikkers
05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Anything Gos related?

bgibson
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
here's an idea for a harrishttp://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture7-1.png

bgibson
05-28-2009, 09:52 AM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture8.png

Saluqi
05-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Jeez Ben, with artwork like that on a giant hood I'd be afraid to use the thing, I'd just put it on display. Nice job!

keithtsoar
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Ben, I really like the harris on the rabbit. I have one more gh ordered from Chris but I told him no hurry on it. I know he is busy with other orders right now. I may talk to him and go ahead and get a door sent up to you. That looks great!!!

Raptorick
05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture8.png

I am liking these. I will get one before hunting season and I really don't need one, but have to have one. This is why my wife works.:D

Ben, very nice job!

bgibson
05-28-2009, 10:20 AM
I am liking these. I will get one before hunting season and I really don't need one, but have to have one. This is why my wife works.:D

Ben, very nice job!

that's funny!

Chris L.
05-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Ben they great!

I will move all the art to one post so people can see some options. I may have to get one of those on one for me ;)

Nice work !

bgibson
05-28-2009, 12:13 PM
here's another gos pichttp://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture9.png

bgibson
05-28-2009, 12:15 PM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture10.png

kitana
05-28-2009, 03:26 PM
The Harris on the rabbit is an excellent piece of art! I would not mind having it framed in my office if somehow you would have it printed on a piece of canvas... Hint hint... lol I still prefer the gos on the glove for a GH door though, it's bigger... :)

bgibson
05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
The Harris on the rabbit is an excellent piece of art! I would not mind having it framed in my office if somehow you would have it printed on a piece of canvas... Hint hint... lol I still prefer the gos on the glove for a GH door though, it's bigger... :)

maybe i'll put one in the box;)

Ted Bell
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm curious. What is the histroy behind the skulls logo?

Hey Ben - I had to laugh when I saw this question. You want to answer this? I'm not about to go into THOSE details... boxingg

Hello Ross! Hope things are well down there! Congrats on the transition to General.

Lee Slikkers
05-29-2009, 08:26 AM
here's another gos pichttp://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture9.png

Ben, that is fabulous...drop me a PM on what it would cost me if I removed my current box door (one Chris made for me last year) and sent it down to you? Thanks!!!!

bgibson
05-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Ben, that is fabulous...drop me a PM on what it would cost me if I removed my current box door (one Chris made for me last year) and sent it down to you? Thanks!!!!

since you take a shine to the gos, i have one more drawing with a gos chasing mallards. i'll post it here shortly. it's one of my favs

Lee Slikkers
05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
since you take a shine to the gos, i have one more drawing with a gos chasing mallards. i'll post it here shortly. it's one of my favs

even better Ben...looking forward to it!

bgibson
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture3-3.png

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq160/rileighjo/Picture4-4.png

Lee Slikkers
05-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Ben...that's the one I want SOLD. Actually I have two hoods so maybe one of each? Anyway, what's the best way to go about contacting you and getting all the details squared away?

bgibson
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Ben...that's the one I want SOLD. Actually I have two hoods so maybe one of each? Anyway, what's the best way to go about contacting you and getting all the details squared away?

i'll shoot you a pm with my # and address.

GONEHAWKN
05-30-2009, 10:56 AM
DAMN, is it a transport box or a work of art!!??? that will make one nice looking box!!

kitana
05-30-2009, 11:40 AM
maybe i'll put one in the box;)

A gos, a Harris, or a print? lol Seriously though you should really stop putting your work on here, people won't be able to make up their minds about which print they want and Chris won't have any more orders of giant hoods! It would be a sad thing.

bgibson
05-30-2009, 12:41 PM
A gos, a Harris, or a print? lol Seriously though you should really stop putting your work on here, people won't be able to make up their minds about which print they want and Chris won't have any more orders of giant hoods! It would be a sad thing.

you guys have seen them all..... my other stuff is watercolors which i can't print the boxes with. the pen and inks allow me to make a screen that prints well. so now the choice is yours:D

AK Rev
06-17-2009, 08:04 PM
PM to Chris

keithtsoar
10-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I got my second giant hood from Chris L. with artwork by B.Gibson. great job guys! Now with two hoods in the jeep Im ready to go hawking!
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/keithtsoar/001.jpg
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/keithtsoar/003-1.jpg

Chris L.
10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Damn it Keith that's my old Jeep too, way to rub it in ;)!!! The hoods look good back there.

Ben, Nice work my friend, Bravo clapp

Looking forward to this season.

keithtsoar
10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Dont worry Chris I will let you look at it any time you want. Here you go....just print this out and carry it with you.toungeout
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/keithtsoar/011.jpg

Chris L.
10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
brickk