PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey Everyone. Mine name's Katie, but most people call me Kazzy. I came by this forum through a reptile forum I am on, and just had to join. I've always been interested in birds of prey, especially falcons. Just recently a guy came through the camp ground my grandparents stay at with several hawks, falcons, an owl, and other birds. He had them set out to view, and I was just mesmerized by them, and sat down there just gawking at them for 45 minutes. I've always had an interest in reptiles (and I have several different species of lizards/geckos) and have always wanted to get into birds. I'm only 17, so that is a bit of an obstacle, but I plan on learning as much as I can so when it is time I can get into falcons, and other birds of prey.

-Kazzy-

Falcon Boy
05-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the boards [smilie=icon_thumright.gif] I started out w/ lizards/geckos [bred cresteds and leos] as well before i was old enough to be licensed

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I'll always have reptiles, they were my first "love" I guess. Currently I have 1.0.2 Crested Geckos, 1.1.1 Viper Geckos, 1.1.0 Bearded Dragons, 0.1.0 Leopard Gecko, and soon to have an adult female crestie for my male, a male chahoua, and a baby male chacoan black and white tegu. What can I say, I'm addicted!

Falcon Boy
05-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Check your PM's.

I had a savannah monitor, would love to get another one. Currently i have a "banana" kingsnake thats not a true banana.

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I PMed you back.

I was looking at savannahs yesterday. I'd love to get into them. I love the larger lizards, but the tegu will be my first. I'm also looking into emperor scorpions (got to hold one for the first time yesterday and loved it) and red knee T's, which are just beautiful.

Falcon Boy
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
When i was young i got an iguana, we had him for 8 yrs when he died of cancer at 6ft. After that i got my savvy, i dont remember how he died but i had him for a number of years. What kind of tegu are you getting? My memory on herps isnt that great as i havnt been into them so much the past 4-5 years but if memory serves some have a real shi**y attitude.

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry about your losses. I still have my first ever CB reptile, my female bearded dragon. I've had her for 8 years now. I'm getting a Chacoan Black and White Tegu, which are known to be dog tame if you play your cards right.

Falcon Boy
05-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Yea the B&W i thought were the nicer ones plus they only get about 2-3ft right? I think the golds or some other colored one was the means ones. I really dont remember though so i wont pretend like i know

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I hear the Columbians are aggressive. The kind I'm getting will get around 5-5.5 Ft, so he'll be pretty big, but tame.

Falcon Boy
05-20-2007, 02:23 PM
IF all goes to plan [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 02:28 PM
True, let's hope so. lol!

`Chris L.
05-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Katie,
welcome aboard. It is great you have an intrest in birds of prey. They are a lot of work, but worth every min of it.

There are others on here who enjoy herps as well. http://www.nafex.net/index.php?f=44 check this section out for others who are into herps.

I am currenty breeding ball pythons and just got some hog island boas to breed as well. I have 2 clutches of Bp egs cooking now.

If you have any questions about falconry dont hesitate to ask.

Can i ask how you found NAFEX?

Oh yeah, please sign your posts with your real name. We like to know who our members are. Its easiest to just set up your signature to sign alll your posts.

please let me know if you need anything

Again welcome to the site.

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks! Good luck with the BPS. I believe I saw your hog islands and they are gorgeous.

I found NAFEX through Ball-Pythons.net Forums. A member had the link in their sig. I can't remember whom though.

`Chris L.
05-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks! Good luck with the BPS. I believe I saw your hog islands and they are gorgeous.

I found NAFEX through Ball-Pythons.net Forums. A member had the link in their sig. I can't remember whom though.

Katie, that member would be me [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] .. i frequent that forum as well.

Thank you for putting your name in your sig. please let us know if you ever need anything

have a great night.

Kazzy
05-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh, wow! lol. Thanks!

Rudd
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Tegus are amazing lizards and are easy to tame down. I have 5 and all but one are tame as can be. It just takes time and effort to get them to calm down. They need to trust you 100%. Good luck.

Kazzy
05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks! I can't wait until I get him. I'm the only reptile freak in my area that I know of, and it will be pretty interesting once he gets big. lol