PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

aplomado12
12-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Hello All,
My name is Jeff Martin and I have practiced falconry for 9 years. I have flown Red-tailed, Harris' and Cooper's hawks. I have also flown Kestrel's and Merlin's. Out of all of these birds, my favorite is the Red-tailed hawk. I am hunting with a male, passage red-tail this year and he is doing great. His name is Tojo. Thanks. Jeff

wesleyc6
12-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey Jeff,
Glad to have you on board. Are you coming to the 'boro MLK? Are you planning on trying an Aplomado? I saw your handle. No kestrel this year? I haven't really flown one in a two years myself. I had some success with the little guys and they are fun, but .......... I just haven't gotten serious with one in a while. I always thought it was so funny when you got one down to fighting weight how they are like mini RT's in their intensity on game. My tiny male hit a boat tailed grackel once and man did he take a whippin'. smile.

`Chris L.
12-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Hello All,
My name is Jeff Martin and I have practiced falconry for 9 years. I have flown Red-tailed, Harris' and Cooper's hawks. I have also flown Kestrel's and Merlin's. Out of all of these birds, my favorite is the Red-tailed hawk. I am hunting with a male, passage red-tail this year and he is doing great. His name is Tojo. Thanks. Jeff

Jeff welcome. I am glad you decided to join the board. I hope you have a great year with your RT. It sounds like you are doing pretty well with him.

Please dont hesitate you post your stories and pictures.. everyone loves pics :lol:

happy hawking and welcome

chris

goshawks00
12-12-2006, 02:27 PM
At the last Amarillo NAFA meet my male spar Sponge Bob caught a male boat-tail there. They are kind of huge and the tail is outrageous.
Barry

wesleyc6
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Did he hold onto it? I have heard another micro hawker say he has seen a Boat tailed grackel put an kestrels head completely in their mouth.

How are you liking those spars? Wish you would post some opinions/comparisons in our shortwing section. They are so unknown here.

See ya,
Wes

Jimmy
12-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey there Jeff.
Give me a ring when you're ready to hit the woods. I went to that place I called you about. When we got there, there was a guy with 2 Kemmer Curs walking around. He had only been there about an hour and had 9 in the bag. Our luck wasn't that good..... but we did catch a couple.
Jimmy