PDA

View Full Version : freetime graphic

Jeff721
06-03-2009, 03:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/jeff721/Goshawk-Outline.gif

Thought this might be appreciated here. Let me know if you use it.

I'll add more if I do more. I also have illustrator files if Ben or Chris L. want them.

GONEHAWKN
06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
thats pretty cool Jeff...might just end up on the side of someone's giant hood!!

anasari
06-03-2009, 09:32 PM
thats pretty cool Jeff...might just end up on the side of someone's giant hood!!
This is a cool print, and just this morning I saw a UHaul truck with a map of Alaska & a large head shot of a Gos on it while on my way to work.

Lee Slikkers
06-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Jeff, please check your PM's when you get moment.

bgibson
06-04-2009, 08:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/jeff721/Goshawk-Outline.gif

Thought this might be appreciated here. Let me know if you use it.

I'll add more if I do more. I also have illustrator files if Ben or Chris L. want them.

jeff, is that the gos head off of the u-haul trucks "live-traced" in illustrator?

Jeff721
06-04-2009, 08:56 AM
jeff, is that the gos head off of the u-haul trucks "live-traced" in illustrator?

Nope, it's from a painting I did. I "penned" the outlines in Illustrator. Live-trace was giving too much detail and was showing the grain of the paper.

bgibson
06-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Nope, it's from a painting I did. I "penned" the outlines in Illustrator. Live-trace was giving too much detail and was showing the grain of the paper.

live trace is good & bad sometimes. the settings can improve the trace sometimes but it's hit and miss on getting your desired look. post the painting...love to see it

Jeff721
06-04-2009, 10:57 AM
live trace is good & bad sometimes. the settings can improve the trace sometimes but it's hit and miss on getting your desired look. post the painting...love to see it

it's posted under my "a couple select paintings" thread in the General Falconry Discussion area

bgibson
06-04-2009, 01:16 PM
it's posted under my "a couple select paintings" thread in the General Falconry Discussion area

thanks

FredFogg
06-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Jeff, first of all, I am a graphics dummy. So now that you know that, I downloaded the gif and when I open it in paint to play with it. It won't let me put colors in. Why is that? I was just going to try and make the eye red and try some different colors of gray, brown and such to just see what it would look like just for myself.

Thanks,

Jeff721
06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Fred to answer your question, the image I posted is "indexed color" and I'm not sure how paint works on that type of thing.

As for the image originally posted, I am going to have to ask everyone to get with Lee Slikkers and get permission to use it before taking it off this site as it belongs to him now.