View Full Version : Hi

Renton
05-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Just dropped by here, all the way from not so sunny Scotland!

I fly a female Harris' Hawk, a tiercel 5/8 Gyr/Saker and when I'm feeling masochistic a European Eagle Owl! Hard work to get anything in the way of hunting behaviour from an imprint big owl! [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

Plus a couple of Southern White Faced Owls rattling about the place as a longer- term breeding project!

Renton
05-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Obviously, I'm far too boring and dull to merit a reply!

chamokane
05-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Obviously, I'm far too boring and dull to merit a reply!

You just have to give us a chance to wake up and find some coffee on a Sunday morning. [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

Tell us something about your hunting. Your Eagle Owl is similar to our Great Horned Owl. I kept a GHO for a pet when I was a kid but I didn't know anything about falconry then. I got another one in the early days of my falconry but I wasn't too bright then and I lost him flying without telemetry before I had a chance to do much with him. He did seem to want to hunt. They have an interesting personality. Someday I'd like to try another one.

Renton
05-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Time difference methinks! ;-)

`Chris L.
05-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Renton,
Welcome to NAFEX. Sorry it takes a few to get around. Great to have you here. Do you have any pictures of your White faced owls? how old are they, you mentioned long term breeding? When will you be able to breed them?

Again great to have you here.. please dont hesitate to post

chamokane
05-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Time difference methinks! ;-)

Yeah, 7 hours from GMT to PDST.

everetkhorton
05-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Renton: The Indy 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 is being run today. Plus I got up at 5:00 p.m. to go fishing. So you can see there is other thing in people lives also. Also there is a big time difference. This is a nice site, lots of information etc. Again welcome.

Falcon Boy
05-27-2007, 08:54 PM
welcome to the boards.... you waited a whole hour and half before your second post, i was at work [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

`Chris L.
05-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Renton: Plus I got up at 5:00 p.m. to go fishing. So you can see there is other thing in people lives also.

Ev, did you catch anything?

everetkhorton
05-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Chris: Yes, 10 but nothing big. the kings were in the 7 to 10 lbs class and on steel head was 8 lbs. We are going to give it a try again in the morning.

outhawkn
05-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome, glad to have you here. Got any hawking pictures you would care to share?

Renton
05-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Welcome, glad to have you here. Got any hawking pictures you would care to share?

Indeed I have buried deep on the hard drive somewhere! Now to find some....

Renton
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Renton,
Welcome to NAFEX. Sorry it takes a few to get around. Great to have you here. Do you have any pictures of your White faced owls? how old are they, you mentioned long term breeding? When will you be able to breed them?

Again great to have you here.. please dont hesitate to post

Plenty of White Faced Owl pics here. The newest addition is a mere six weeks old, so it will be a couple of years at the earliest before we can even think of starting a breeding program. I don't see an owl section here! [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]

`Chris L.
05-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't see an owl section here! [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]

100 % correct [smilie=BangHead.gif] .. Maybe I should create one [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

Renton
05-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Would be good!

kimmerar
05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes - Chris make an owl section - I would love to know more.