View Full Version : 09 imprint tiercel NA Gos - Violento

Lee Slikkers
06-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Well folks, here are a couple pics of the new lad, Violento (spanish for Violent) "V" for short...he is out of Becky & Richard Brunotte's Breeding Project. We did a swap...male HH for tiercel Gos, and I couldn't turn down the offer even though I am probably not in the best of positions to do another imprint this year. I had planned on waiting until next year and working with one of Barry's birds but this opportunity came along and I folded.

He weighed 635g before feeding yesterday morning.

I spent a couple hours yesterday at a pretty busy kids playground in a VERY busy small little town near me. It’s a real tourist destination and is always crowded, complete with tons of dogs running the sidewalks, Harley’s throttling up and folk’s bustling around. It’s where I spent many days with Genghis last year and the kid/people exposure is excellent. It’s also a nice mix of sun / shade and works well on even the hottest of days.

Enjoy~

http://picasaweb.google.com/LeeSlikkers/6_29_2009# (http://picasaweb.google.com/LeeSlikkers/6_29_2009)

Bryant Tarr
06-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Sweet Lee! Glad to have another eyass gos thread...if anything all these birds being imprinted at once will give us all more experience than we could get by ourselves in a single season.

Looking forward to reading about your journey.

Kenn Filkins
06-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Lee,

"V" looks awesome! I look forward to seeing him hunt and hearing stories of his development!

Keep the pics coming!

Saluqi
06-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Congrats Lee! You'll have a ball!

Lee Slikkers
06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys...I already am. I only wish I could have got my hands on him at a younger age. I really enjoy the very early days and feel it increases the imprint bond. I'm sure this age is fine (I got him at 27 days) it just feels like I missed a lot of the important stuff by not being there for it...

I hate to tether him down too early but he is getting pretty dang mobil already...how soon is too soon? He is 32 days today.

tumble
06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Lee, I know guys who don't even pull wild goshawks until 28 days! Not for me. :eek: When did they pull Violento to start imprinting? Congrats! I know you've anticipating this for quite a while.

Lee Slikkers
06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I think Becky & Richard took them in on day 1 or 2...I "think" V was fed by his parent for 4-5 days though...

Either way he was in the house an imprinted on humans from day 5 on...

I am excited too say the least & a bit nervous figuring out how to keep him humming & get my other "new" female quality air time too. At least she is a "made" bird already and if she only get 1/2 the time V does then I'm ok with it.

tumble
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Lee. I imagine you'll figure it out quickly when the hunting season kicks in.

Lee Slikkers
06-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Lee. I imagine you'll figure it out quickly when the hunting season kicks in.

Yeah, it's just that think called work.

Lee Slikkers
06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Violento is a bonifide savage...grin. He chased down, footed the snot out of and devoured two 3+ week old quail in less than 3 minutes.

We visited the kid's playground right after work and now the baggies so the "Mission" for today is accomplished!

(Love this guy Becky & Richard, thank you so much!)

RTJim
07-18-2009, 12:59 AM
;) Get us updated on the gos..........jm

borderhawk
07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
bump

Lee Slikkers
07-23-2009, 01:24 PM
sorry guys, busy as hell on this end...V is doing great, day 57 today and getting close to hard penn now. He is still almost silent and has not withdrawn or gotten jumpy or fidgity yet. Had no issues with being touched, handled or anything which is cool and I still try to take him everywhere although that gets tougher with a "grown" up bird than when he was younger. He is headed to the kid's little league game tonight (our weekly thing) and he seems to dig all the action...

I'll try to update this more over the weekend...with pics and such...

Thanks for the interest...I will say this, the Brunottes produce some sexy looking Goshawks (imho)

RTJim
09-04-2009, 01:02 AM
sorry guys, busy as hell on this end...V is doing great, day 57 today and getting close to hard penn now. He is still almost silent and has not withdrawn or gotten jumpy or fidgity yet. Had no issues with being touched, handled or anything which is cool and I still try to take him everywhere although that gets tougher with a "grown" up bird than when he was younger. He is headed to the kid's little league game tonight (our weekly thing) and he seems to dig all the action...

I'll try to update this more over the weekend...with pics and such...

Thanks for the interest...I will say this, the Brunottes produce some sexy looking Goshawks (imho)

Update Lee on the Gos???...........jm

Lee Slikkers
09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Jim, yes...here is his Update:

Just thought I'd update the List, after numerous attempts, angles and a lot of effort on his & my part I have decided his fear issues of me are not something I am going to overcome without cutting him way beyond my comfort level.

I have found a GREAT new home and I think a "new" face with no emotional baggage will really give V a shot at being salvaged and turned into a decent gamehawk.

I obviously feel I have let the Brunottes down but I spoke with Becky about turn of events and she was very gracious to me...

I am not sure what this season now holds for me...likely I'll pull Cuda out of the Breeding chamber and get her going this week. When the temps get unbearable for her I'll see about grabbing the female imprint Gos and see what she has up her sleeve.

Another chapter is closed and a new one is opened...here's to the future and all it's possibilities!

Btw, John Hofmann from KY on here is the new owner of "V" (I'm sure the birds name will change) so hopefully he will keep us updated on his progress and the outcome of this bird.

(P.S. Chris L. can you "lock" this thread down now that it's closed from my perspective? Thanks)