PDA

View Full Version : New from Belgium

Nor4
06-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi guys,

As you can see I'm new to this forum. Google brought me to the nafex-forum while I was searching info about gyr/saker training.

My profile: I'm 20 years old, studying animal managment. I'm into falconry for about 5 years by now. I have most experience in training and hunting with broadwings. Coming season I will train my first longwing, it will be a gyr/saker (50/50) female meant for duck hawking. (If everything goes fine...). The gyr/saker female is 6 weeks old and still with his parents, I will call her Mandela.

So this was it, sorry for my english grammar. But I guess you guys understand the most of what I said. If there are any questions, shoot them.

Greetz,
Michael

kimmerar
06-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome Michael from Belgium

I have never flown one but I'm sure someone here has. What have you flown before? I've noticed you found Noah's logs on Goose. Sorry I'm no help. Can't wait to see some replies.

By the way - your english is good.

Nice friendly people here.
Again Welcome

BestBeagler
06-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Welcome, do you by any chance know if falconry is legal in Luxmbourge? Isaac

Nor4
06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Hello,

Bop's I've flown before: redtail, harris hawk, common buzzard, ferruginous hawk, yellowheaded vulture, eurasian eagle owl.

BestBeagler, I don't know anything about falconry in Luxembourg. By the way, it's a very small country. In my opinion falconry is legal in Luxembourg.

Michael

everetkhorton
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Michael:
What type of game did you fly a Yellowheaded Vulture at?
Welcome to the site. While I was at the NAFA meet in Kearney NE. last year I took a couple of falconer from Belgium out Squirrel Hawking, Great guy's. we had a blast. Really fun guy's. They had never squirrel hawked before. [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

kimmerar
06-04-2007, 07:34 PM
eurasian eagle owl

More details please - Chris just set up an owl section - I'm real curious about owls in falconry. I posted a question there and no one has replied. Love to hear about vultures too.

BestBeagler
06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Hello,
BestBeagler, I don't know anything about falconry in Luxembourg. By the way, it's a very small country. In my opinion falconry is legal in Luxembourg.

Michael

My grandparents as well as my aunt and uncle live there, so I was just curious if it was legal there. Belgium is only 30 minutes away from were they live, but then again as you said it is a very small country. Isaac

lovefreshwater
09-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi guys,

As you can see I'm new to this forum. Google brought me to the nafex-forum while I was searching info about gyr/saker training.

My profile: I'm 20 years old, studying animal managment. I'm into falconry for about 5 years by now. I have most experience in training and hunting with broadwings. Coming season I will train my first longwing, it will be a gyr/saker (50/50) female meant for duck hawking. (If everything goes fine...). The gyr/saker female is 6 weeks old and still with his parents, I will call her Mandela.

So this was it, sorry for my english grammar. But I guess you guys understand the most of what I said. If there are any questions, shoot them.

Greetz,
Michael

Check out international falcny forums also!
www.falconryforum.co.uk
they are as good as this forum!! [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]