PDA

View Full Version : New

Carolina Hawks 34
07-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Hello My name is Ryan and i am not yet a licesend falconer, but have been reading books and reasearching about it while i try and find a sponsor.

I live in North Carolina and hope there will be others from the area on the forum. I look forword to learning from people on this site

Ryan

`Chris L.
07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Ryan, Welcome to NAFEX. We have a great group here that is laid back and willing to help. Tell us more about your self. Where do you live in NC. Are you close to Sc? Have you spoken to any falconers close to you?

I hope you enjoy the forums and dont hesitate to post. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress

Carolina Hawks 34
07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I live in Concord NC about 45 minutes to charlotte North Carolina i have been emailing one falconer near me, and i am 14

sharptail
07-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi Ryan,

Welcome, if there is anything that I can help you with...question I can answer, you just ask away [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

KidK
07-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey Ryan, welcome!

Here is the best thing you could do right now, read, read, read, read and read more.

Here is a good list of books and resources from the Michigan Hawking Club website:

http://michiganhawkingclub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=479

Get in touch with some falconers close to you and ask if you could tag along when they fly their bird this fall/winter.

I got interested in falconry at about your age and it took me until I was 21 before I got my first bird. It was a long wait but worth it.

Best Regards,