PDA

View Full Version : Oregon

Richard F, Hoyer
01-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Just in case there are some falconers on the NAFEX forum from Oregon (Washington, or anywhere else for that matter), that haven't gotten the word, the Oregon Falconer's Assn. is having its annual one day winter meet on January 31st. starting at 9 AM at the Adair Village Community Center Building. Adair Village is about 8 - 9 miles north of Corvallis along highway 99W.

For any falconer wishing to hunt rabbits, three or four local falconers will be available to take individuals to nearby sites and help flush rabbits for your hawks.

Should any falconer wish to come one or two days early on Jan. 29th and / or 30th, I am available to take you to nearby areas and can guaranty a good number of slips for your hawk or hawks.

For anyone interested and wishing more details, I can be contacted at charinabottae@earthlink.net

Richard F. Hoyer (Corvallis, Oregon)

zero
01-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Hey Richard

I will be there. I cant wait to meet some of you guys that i have heard so much about.

lupine
01-21-2010, 04:26 AM
I'll be there, too! My bird won't be ready to hunt, but I'll be in the right frame of mind for beating the living poop out of the brambles!

Looking forward to putting faces to names as well. And for those of you who have never gone afield with Richard, it's a treat.

Michelle

Richard F, Hoyer
01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
SuFyAn;
I have seen your posts on the forum and am I right that you are from Forest Grove?

Wondered if you know, or are aware of two falconers in your area west of Portland. Dennis Barby of Forest Grove has been inactive for a good number of years but we use to hunt our Harris' Hawks together years ago. Then there is Lorne MacLean of Hillsboro. Do not know if Lorne is flying a bird this year.

zero
01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
SuFyAn;
I have seen your posts on the forum and am I right that you are from Forest Grove?

Wondered if you know, or are aware of two falconers in your area west of Portland. Dennis Barby of Forest Grove has been inactive for a good number of years but we use to hunt our Harris' Hawks together years ago. Then there is Lorne MacLean of Hillsboro. Do not know if Lorne is flying a bird this year.

Yeah I live in Forest Grove. I do not know Dennis but i know Lorne very well. Lorne is my sponsor :D. He is not flying a bird this year.

Goose
01-23-2010, 03:19 AM
I will be there. Looking forward to meeting you all as well.