PDA

View Full Version : *OT* Need Some Feedback/Ideas

touyang
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I have donated a lot of equipment to the falconry community/clubs throughout the US in the past five years since I formed my company. A couple things that I asked in return are that they put my website link on their "Sponsors" links and if there is a club news letter, I get an ad space in there. But it's been a nightmare trying to sort out which club actually follow through...eight times out of ten once I donated the equipment, I never heard from the person that asked for the donations. So far, there are very few clubs that actually follow through with this small courtesy. At this point, I am very dispointed at the result. After five years of donating equipment, I could honestly say there are may be three or four links. That's why those of you that recently asked me about donations didn't get a response from me.

As I am revemping my website, an idea came to mind (...just like the Windows 7 ads). I am thinking of creating special customer groups that will receive special pricing something like 5% discounts (10% if they have an ad space?). These groups will be based on club names. Every customer that belongs to one of those clubs would get that special pricing. That way I am still supporting the falconry community/clubs without having to deal with donations and chasing people down all over the place and still getting nowhere....

NAFEX members, for example, would be the first group. How other clubs get on the special discounts list is to let me know/proof that their club has a link to my website.

Comments/thoughts - good idea, bad idea, sucks?

touyang
02-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Finally made the switch last night to the new server. The website is live, but some links are still not quiet there (still pointing to the old server). I will keep working on them as time permits.

With this new server it would be easier to keep track of customer accounts etc.