PDA

View Full Version : Haggard RT with jesses spotted - NY

makawinan
03-03-2010, 12:00 PM
FYI if anyone is missing one, I saw a haggard redtail with jesses fly over the Hutchinson Parkway in Westchester County. I was headed south near exit 23

Buenanj
03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Got the update from a family member - not sure if it was a haggard. Apparently it had long jesses and "She looked happy sort of soaring along.........."

Buenanj
03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
in case it wasn't obvious in the earlier post - bird was seen just north of Goldens Bridge NY near exit 7

jballone
03-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Apparently it had long jesses

Maybe it was a wild RT with a snake in it's talons.

Buenanj
03-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Interesting thought - i'm pretty sure it was a falconry bird. My mother has been around falconry and birds of prey for 10+ years and i don't think she'd make that mistake. She also said that she saw it trailing both jesses. I'd also be surprised if snakes are out now - we still have snow on the ground in NY.

Lowachi
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Interesting thought - i'm pretty sure it was a falconry bird. My mother has been around falconry and birds of prey for 10+ years and i don't think she'd make that mistake. She also said that she saw it trailing both jesses. I'd also be surprised if snakes are out now - we still have snow on the ground in NY.

Ain't you got snow snakes in NY?toungeout