PDA

View Full Version : 2010 THA Summer Camp

frootdog
04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Come join THA April 30th - May 2nd at Lake Whitney! Micheal Beran will be doing his nearly world famous apprentice workshop. Executive Chef Cheyne Gurule of Manny G's fame will be cooking up a feast for Saturday lunch! NAFA President Larry Dickerson and Central Director Danny Pickens will be in attendence.

http://www.texashawking.org/2008/Public/tha_annual_summer_camp.html

cllhawker
04-22-2010, 12:17 PM
ill be going, see you all there

frootdog
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Here's the more official notice

One Week away and counting to the start of the THA Summer Camp!!!

Summer Camp
Camping Friday, April 30th through May 2, 2010

Where:

East Lofer's Bend Park

Lake Whitney, Texas

Summer Camp Activities to include:
Apprentice Workshop by Michael Beran (Saturday at 10:00 AM)
THA Summer Picnic
(Saturday at noon) THA Officer's Meeting (Saturday approx. 1:30pm)

Camping

Hiking
Swimming
Fishing

Bring your Boat

Bring your Jet-Ski's

Bring your Kayak
and there's always lots to eat so bring an appetite!

THA Member and Executive Chef Cheyne Gurule, of Manny G's fame, will be in charge of the food again this year. Cheyne will be setting up his smoker to cook brisket and chicken for the Saturday's picnic..

Members attending are asked to PLEASE bring along some other fixin's... Chips, dip, cole slaw, water melon, any ol' side dish, don't forget desert, get creative!!!

NAFA's newly appointed President, Larry Dickerson will also attend this year's Summer Camp. Larry is a good friend to many THA members and he wants to come enjoy some Texas-style hospitality that only we can offer. I am sure Larry will give us the latest and greatest information from NAFA while he is here. I hope many of our members will be able to attend to take the opportunity to discuss NAFA issues Larry first hand. If you are not a NAFA member currently, please consider joining NAFA now!

There will be an Officer's Meeting shortly after lunch to inform our members on the latest information concerning passage peregrine take for this trapping season, give an update on the state falconry regulations and their current status. This is an excellent opportunity to ask your officers questions and voice your ideas and concerns.

For more information about LakeWhitney and the East Lofer's Bend Campsite, where the picnic will be held, go to:

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103334792219&s=88&e=001IdJufZifhqN7L19BKX-UFZUQfnwcOVi0j_6gUPjuVyvETnxNWM-G2sW6vJbabt3b5jnI1Vvaj66Y-j2ee1BSisBsu8gWnNP-xSJxczaI5tAcE_t46q-HvQ2JwbjX43hM2vwegejqeks=

If you have any other questions about the
picnic or the directions noted below,
please call or email John Graham:

John Graham contact Info:
Cell: (254) 205-0087
Home: (254) 582-3614
Email: President@texashawking.org

Directions from the South
Take I-35 north to Loop 340 / FM 3051 / Lake Shore Drive exit #339. Take this exit. Make a left turn at light which will put you on west loop 340 / FM 3051. Go straight to third light (about a mile or so) which will be FM 933. Make a right turn at this light going north on FM 933. Stay on north FM 933 for 30 miles until you get to first light in Whitney. This will be the intersection of FM 933 and SH 22. Make a left turn at this light which will make you go west on SH 22. Drive 4.9 miles from this light and take a right turn at entrance to "Lofer's BendPark". Go straight to the first stop sign. Take a right turn into East Lofer's BendPark entrance. Go to Ranger Station and they can point you to the actual campsite.

Directions from the North
Take I 35 east or west until you get to SH 77 / Spur 579 exit # 370. Stay to the right onto Spur 579 going south heading straight towards Hillsboro. Spur 579 will turn very shortly into SH 81 and proceed straight on south SH 81 into town. SH 81 will then turn into Waco St when you reach Hillsboro. Make a right turn at second light in Hillsboro, the courthouse will be right there also. This intersection is SH 81 / Waco St and SH 22 SH 171 / Elm St. Go straight west on SH 22 out of Hillsboro. Whitney is approximately 12 miles from Hillsboro. Once you get into Whitney, you will come to a "Y". Go left at this "Y" which is still west SH 22. You will go straight through the one light which is the intersection of FM 933 and SH 22. Drive 4.9 miles from this light and take a right turn at entrance to "Lofer's BendPark". Go straight to the first stop sign. Take a right turn into East Lofer's BendPark entrance. Go to Ranger Station and they can point you to the actual campsite.
Hope to see you all there!!! Get that kitchen pass and come enjoy some good ol'Texas smoked brisket and catch up on your falconry buddies......

Here's to a speedy molt!!

Sincerely,

John

THA Proud

frootdog
04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
ill be going, see you all there

You camping or just going to the picnic?

Dirthawking
04-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Krysie, how are you going when we have your tent? confusedd

frootdog
04-22-2010, 05:14 PM

Do you really?

frootdog
04-22-2010, 06:18 PM

WTF? I am missing a tent!

Dirthawking
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
LMAO!! Only took you almost a year, AND me telling you!

You deserve this!!!!

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/dirthawking/other%20funny%20pics/captainobvious.jpg

frootdog
04-22-2010, 09:05 PM
LMAO!! Only took you almost a year, AND me telling you!

You deserve this!!!!

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/dirthawking/other%20funny%20pics/captainobvious.jpg

No you stole it! I'm calling my apprentice!

michaelberan
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Don't forget all the cute baby raptors that will be there!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/Titaniumtalons/CIMG4383.jpg

frootdog
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Don't forget all the cute baby raptors that will be there!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/Titaniumtalons/CIMG4383.jpg

Not exactly the hot chicks I was looking forward to seeing there, but hey they will do.

Dirthawking
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
No you stole it! I'm calling my apprentice!

Why? Did you go and getting a parking ticket? toungeout

frootdog
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Why? Did you go and getting a parking ticket? toungeout

No. To report the theft!

frootdog
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Mario I will just add that to your tab.

frootdog
04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
So who all is going? Who is camping? I will be there Friday at 2 until Sunday morning. This year I will NOT bring home 2 dogs! I need to go write that down 100 times on the blackboard.

spygirl
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Every year I think I'll have a change to go, but something happens. I have 3 dog training classes I stupidly scheduled for this weekend. frus)

That and I have about a billion animals to feed... I'll be there next year come hell or high water!

michaelberan
04-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Me and Chance are camping, will be there during daylight Friday staying until Sunday