PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Kentucky

Rdtle123
08-08-2010, 09:55 PM
My name is David and I am new to the site. I am a general falconer without a bird at this time, due to a change in jobs. I am planning on trapping a PRT this fall and again pursuing my passions. I have enjoyed the threads on this site so far, please everyone keep up the great work!!!

tking308
08-08-2010, 11:54 PM
(welc)David. Where in KY are you? I'm Wickliffe. If you're interested, go to facebook and search for Kentucky Falconers Association. There are a few of us that are trying to get a state organization going again.

Rdtle123
08-09-2010, 08:20 AM
That sounds great Todd. I live in Louisville so I am East of you I think?? I believe you are in Western KY but I will have to check. I am not currently on facebook but will have to look into it. Thanks for the reply.

bama000
08-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm right up the street in Shelbyville from you. There's a few of us around.

Joby
08-09-2010, 10:12 AM
David,
You forgot to mention your killer assasin doxie dogs!! I'm especially partial to your good looking little male mini-doxie, as he looks a LOT like his mother and father! ; )

Rdtle123
08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Did not want to brag too much on my intro....but yes....I have a very good ground crew. http://www.nafex.net/images/icons/icon10.gif Thanks papa Joe!!

Todd Brown
08-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi David,

I live just down the road in shelbyville too. I have moved to California for a year. I'll be back july 2011 so I'll miss this coming season in Ky.

Myself and a few others revived the old club.The web site was done by Jeremy Kruer(he also lives in shelbyville)but last I saw the site was down and Jeremy was working on getting it going again.

We did have a meet this past season....not many people showed up(6)..only three of us had birds,but we did have a peregrine catch a duck and a RT a rabbit, so we did catch some game. We had a potluck dinner and a bon fire in the evening and a good time.

I hope each year it gets better.

Joby
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Let me know when you guys have a meet and I'll load up the doxie gals and Ms. Sinister and her new cast mate and come down for some fun!!

Rdtle123
09-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Joe, I know you have hunted in KY before so what kind of hoops do you have to jump through? Obviously you have to have a KY hunting license, but what else. I am in OH quite a bit so I was toying with the idea of a hunt or two in OH:D when I get a bird this year.

bama000
09-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Let me know when you guys have a meet and I'll load up the doxie gals and Ms. Sinister and her new cast mate and come down for some fun!!

Gee... and all this time we were planning on coming up and staying at YOUR house. There you go complicating things again.toungeout

jkruer01
09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
My name is David and I am new to the site. I am a general falconer without a bird at this time, due to a change in jobs. I am planning on trapping a PRT this fall and again pursuing my passions. I have enjoyed the threads on this site so far, please everyone keep up the great work!!!

Hey David,

I live in Shelbyville and work in Louisville. Welcome to the site. If you need anyting, let me know.

When do you plan on going trapping?

See ya,
Jeremy

Joby
09-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Hey Dave,
Yeah, the first time I was ever hunting with a falconer and their bird was with a northern KY with a falconer who has since moved to Maine. I only needed to buy a hunting license. I also hunted there with my first bird the following season and also only needed to purchase, I think, a 5 day small game license. Definitely come on up and I'll plan on coming down as well. I really like that your season continues through the end of March. When will you be in Columbus again? Give me a call and we can get together and grab something to eat or something.

Michael,
Your always welcome to come up especially since you know the city so well. Don't know if I have enough space to put everyone up, but I'm sure we could work something out. Anything to kill a couple of bunnies!

-Joby

Rdtle123
09-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Great Joe! Ill be in touch.. Thank you