PDA

View Full Version : Non-Falconer from San Diego, California

CDavisJK
09-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Chris and I'm from San Diego, California. I am not a falconer but I enjoy watching the Red Tailed Hawks during my weekend hikes in Southern California. I like all birds and have a pet Senegal Parrot that lives with my parents. I have started to get interested in Falconry recently but I work full time as a software tester and I go to Law School at night all week. I don't even have time for a regular pet, let alone a falcon, which is much more demanding.

I'm just here to learn more about falconry while I enjoy the birds from my binoculars, at least for now.

-Chris

Eagle Owl
09-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Welcome to NAFEX, Chris. You will learn a lot here. Even though you are too busy to be a falconer right now, you can still enjoy falconry. I suggest you join the California Hawking Club (http://www.calhawkingclub.org/). You can then find local falconers and can go out and beat the brush for them when you have some free time. Will also introduce you to the sport so you can begin learning and deciding if falconry is something you would like to pursue when you do have the time.

Good luck to you and have fun here!

Brandi

everetkhorton
09-01-2010, 06:00 PM
(welc)Chris.

Joby
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Nicely said Brandi!

Welcome to the board Chris!