PDA

View Full Version : hello all

scrumbrakk
09-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Well, I'm usually a quiet one prefering to read message boards rather than truely contribute, especially where I'm a beginner. But I found a thread where I wanted to make a statement and figured I'd better introduce myself so there wasn't alot of "who the hades is this guy" going on. I'm a native Montanan living in Utah now, I spent 9 years in the active duty Army and now almost 6 years on active duty with the Utah National Guard. I've always wanted to get into the sport it just took me 17 years after moving out of the house to finally get to a point where I could do it justice. I've since jumped in with both feet and luckily get to benefit from revised rules so I'm not stuck with the choice of just 2 birds. I've got a great sponsor whose flown for 25+ years and is more like a brother than anything. Due to the plethora of chukar, quail and other birds in our area I'm going to go with a passage coops to chase all of it. I appreciate all the knowledge people are sharing here and look forward to learning even more from all. -Brian

everetkhorton
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
(welc) Brian, flew a coopers hawk for one season, great birds. About the only thing I feel I can comment on is, if the Cooper give you that evil eye, step back and think about what you were going to do or you may regret it the rest of your life, or at least half of it.

Goshawk65
09-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Hello Brian, I don't post much either but there is a lot of great information on this site to get you going.

Saluqi
09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome to NAFEX. Keep us informed on your Cooper's adventure.