PDA

View Full Version : Another Michigander

TR541
09-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Just thought I would join the Fun. I am a second year apprentice training my second bird. Hi Ev, its been along time since I talked to you. Is TH hunting weight yet?

Nice job on the forum Chris this is really great.

Tim

everetkhorton
09-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Just thought I would join the Fun. I am a second year apprentice training my second bird. Hi Ev, its been along time since I talked to you. Is TH hunting weight yet?

Nice job on the forum Chris this is really great.

Tim

Tim:
No, I will not be bring TH down for another three weeks or so. She is only over her flying weight by 40g today. But I need to case her because she need to be coped. Post often. By the way, you can have your name post at the end of you post auto by going into you profile. Also an Avator is nice but I do not know how that is done. [smilie=dontknow.gif]

Bryant Tarr
09-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey Tim! Good to see you here...are you the Tim I met at Kory's? And who is featured in recent trapping photos right here on this very fourm? [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

TR541
09-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Yes that is me Bryant. Good to hear from you also. How are things going?

The new bird is coming along pretty good, she will fly the length of the mews in only five days off the trap. Hope to have her on the creance next week.

Take care

Tim

Lee Slikkers
09-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Good to see you here Tim and congrats on the new bird,

everetkhorton
09-24-2007, 05:03 PM

The new bird is coming along pretty good, she will fly the length of the mews in only five days off the trap. Hope to have her on the creance next week.

Take care

Tim

Tim:
Did you let your other Rt. go this spring?

Bryant Tarr
09-24-2007, 05:24 PM

Take care

Tim

Things are good with me...after moving to Maine recently I now have my permits in hand and just need to find enough time to get out there trapping!

TR541
09-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Thanks Lee, Flew her on the creance yesterday, I hope to be hunting in a week or so.. [smilie=icon_pidu.gif]

Yes Ev, I released him in early May.

Bryant, how long is the trapping season in Maine ? Are you going to get a RT ?

Bryant Tarr
09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Trapping for passage hawks in Maine runs September 14 - November 25th...then there is a break for a month and a late season from December 25 - January 24.

I'm planning on getting a red-tail...but being the accipiter lover that I am, if I trap a passage gos it will be pretty tough to release it! The plan, however, is to get a red-tail and get used to my surroundings this first season in Maine by being a good old dirt-hawker. Chase some squirrels, look around for SS hare. Have some FUN! [smilie=banana.gif]

TR541
09-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Sounds great Bryant, let me know how things go with the SS's.. Last year my RT had a hold of a few but could not hold them. The cedar swamps are a hard place to hold a hare. It's more like Gos country!!

Take care.

Tim