PDA

View Full Version : New pics from Austrian Field Meet

RLBagley
10-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Some of you, especially those interested in Golden Eagles, might find this new Gallery (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=241531&id=95847325664&ref=mf) fun to look through, now up on the Marshall Radio FaceBook Page. (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marshall-Radio-Telemetry/95847325664)

We just returned from the Austrian Field Meet where they celebrated their 60th Year as a Club, holding the Event at the tiny town of Falkenstien.

Captions and names will be going on there overnight as our Austrian friends wake up 8 hours ahead of us and start going through them.

There's also a several great video clips from the hunts, so look for a video a little later this week or next.

Anyway, they were sure a great bunch of enthusiasts.
RB

Chris L.
10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Robert,

You are living the dream my friend! I hope to travel to some of these different countries to experience falconry as you have.

Thank you for the pictures and welcome back !

RLBagley
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Robert,

You are living the dream my friend! I hope to travel to some of these different countries to experience falconry as you have.

Thank you for the pictures and welcome back !

What I am reminded of on each trip is:

1- How great the "brotherhood/sisterhood" is between cultures around the world when we share the love of the art. It supersedes religion and politics.

2- How the methods and equipment has evolved in the various regions to best fit the birds, quarry and landscapes they have. Always different, always intriguing.

3- How grateful I am at the direct access we have in North America to vast open spaces where you can not see another person for days.

Anyway, that's why we take pains to try and get those great images and bring them back, get them on-line, to give others a flavor of what's going on around the world who may not get the chance to go there (yet).

RB

Saluqi
10-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Fantastic photos Robert, one of these days....

Jared
10-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks Robert!