PDA

View Full Version : Eagles on hares: the video

RLBagley
11-15-2010, 03:49 PM
For those who may be interested, we just added a great little video to the European Section of the website with footage from the Austrian Field Meet held in October near the ancient ruins of Falkenstien Castle.

Stephen Lea and I were there on hand to film this, each with his own Canon 7D in hand, a most deluxe and capable camera that also shoots HD through those nice lenses.

You can see it here. (http://marshallradio.com/en/marshall-radio-telemetry-european-falconry/146-2010-austrian-meet-the-video)

Many of these eagles are imprints, yet they are puppy dogs to handle and work with.

Enjoy.
RB

tony123abc
11-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Okay, I will be the first..............Man, I wish I had several beaters on foot slips into open fields like that. Wait, on second thought, I don't. I only watched a few minutes. Had to turn it off. Not what I call hunting or sport. Okay, go ahead and slam me now.

RLBagley
11-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Okay, I will be the first..............Man, I wish I had several beaters on foot slips into open fields like that. Wait, on second thought, I don't. I only watched a few minutes. Had to turn it off. Not what I call hunting or sport. Okay, go ahead and slam me now.

Well, see if you can keep watching a little bit longer and then you'll see more escapes, great timing maneuvers by the hares (and a great flip) all happening later in the video.

Maybe we should have done it the other way around?
RB

tony123abc
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
okay, I will give it a shot. But only because you asked me to.

tony123abc
11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
watched it all. Not my cup of tea. I don't think I would fit in with the German hawking crowd. Good filming though.

Big Foot
11-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Austrians..tony Austrians...the Germans always get blamed for the bad things the Austrians do.
**joke**

tony123abc
11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I shall remember next time. Now I feel bad.

conorhawk
11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Robert in my opinion that was an excellent video the filming was great and the song fit well. I might be wrong but it seems like allot of those hares were planted and not wild which is not my cup of tea but I'm sure allot of other countries lack the amount of game that we have. Overall great job.clapp

joekoz
11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Robert in my opinion that was an excellent video the filming was great and the song fit well. I might be wrong but it seems like allot of those hares were planted and not wild which is not my cup of tea but I'm sure allot of other countries lack the amount of game that we have. Overall great job.clapp

DITTO!

JRedig
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Great flights and filming! I'd love to go watch that and be part of the festivities surrounding a get together like that.

cesena
11-16-2010, 04:27 AM
This is the tipical hunt in Austria. Belive me the hares are all wild.
Ciao.

FredFogg
11-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Go to Amarillo, that is pretty much how the jacks are there except you don't usually get that close to them before they flush. And of course, the wind is usually howling at 25 or 30 mph. LOL

mark collins
11-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Looked like a lot of bagged quarry,each to there own.

Titín
11-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Nice video Robert.
But this are real hares " with heart " typical Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUrntInGL1I&feature=related

Cheers from Spain.

hawkerev
11-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Nice video Robert.
But this are real hares " with heart " typical Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUrntInGL1I&feature=related

Cheers from Spain.

Yep, now that Jack has some lungs! Great video!

Chris Proctor
11-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Hey Robert,

Was this filmed with your Canon?

- Chris

gamehawker10
11-20-2010, 03:47 PM
They are really wild hares. Bud Brown hares have(somethimes) the habit of staying quit down when danger comes! They hope you will pass them by. Bud for all the ones that are staying down, you've got 4 time more of them going on the run miles before you can get near them!

It is still falconry, so no succes on each flight!

ATB Jan