PDA

View Full Version : Last minute NAFA request!

forestfalcon
11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Not sure if I put this in the right place, but since it has "NAFA" in the title...

A friend of mine is just getting a Kestrel started, and while she goes hawking all the time, she can't get the Kestrel to go after anything....well... except bugs. She (the kestrel) isn't even interested. My friend knows that she needs to bag the kestrel on something, but the problem is, is we can't seem to trap anything. We have two traps out in different locations, plus she's tried to do a noose carpet with french fries on it at McDonalds, and NOTHING.

My point is, is anyone going to NAFA and bringing along some live house sparrows or starlings? We would be very grateful if we could relieve someone of one.

If anyone is so kind, we will be there tomorrow night until wednesday.

thanks a bunch!

Takasho
11-18-2010, 04:52 PM
We'll get ya some one way or another for sure. Either my bird will catch one or I'll have my noose carpets with me when we get down there. We'll get her bird entered, you can count on it!

forestfalcon
11-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Isaac, you are a lifesaver (or not, depends how you look at it:D )

When are you getting there?

Takasho
11-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Sunday afternoon is the plan.

everetkhorton
11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
I will be bring a potter trap with me, we will have to see what happens.

forestfalcon
11-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks Ev, anything helps!

Lowachi
11-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Chris Comeaux usually has a trap or 2 set. Sounds like you'll have plenty

sharptail
11-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Can she he at the AFC meet in El Dorado tomorrow? Fred and I just bagged Hokus a couple of hours ago. They are Fred's birds so you may want to call him. PM him or Me for the phone #...I will be having supper with him soon.

COMEAUX
11-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I have about 10 in the sparrow condo that I plan on bringing if I have room with all the other crap that I have to cram in the truck.

forestfalcon
11-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Thank you all for your generosity! It will be much appreciated when we can get this kestrel going after birds instead of jumping around on the ground catching bugs! :)

jfseaman
11-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Can she he at the AFC meet in El Dorado tomorrow? Fred and I just bagged Hokus a couple of hours ago. They are Fred's birds so you may want to call him. PM him or Me for the phone #...I will be having supper with him soon.

Be glad to help. I'll set where I've been chinking. Bring your trap, maybe I can help with that.

Meagan
11-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Just got a sparrow in the trap this morning. I will keep it out there to draw in more. I'll bring them with me to the meet on Sunday.